vBulletin 5 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin 5 Upgrade

With the upgrade to VB5 in place and functioning fairly well, there will no doubt be some hopefully minor issues as we start using it, especially since we jumped from VB3 and all the plugins used there are no longer supported.

You may have also noticed the new "Landing Page" at www.typ901.org which is a space to watch as it is a blank canvas to work from. It has links to the forum or you just go directly to www.typ901.org/forum. The landing page and forum is now running in encrypted mode and it will auto redirect browsers to use HTTPS, which is what banks or any other encrypted sites use. It makes our personal login information secure as it travels the internet. The new address will break any saved bookmarks but hopefully it will be less of an issue as time goes on.

More non thread content that existed in the old system is yet to be added (like documents etc) once the core functionality proves itself.

Please use this thread to highlight any issues that crop up.
    Uwe Imhoff
    TYP901 Website Mechanic

I was unable to access from phone and iPad that seems to be fixed for both. However just before I left home I lost access on the pic and a message came up about an insecure site. Maybe that was a transition thing but I can't check now for a while
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I was able login OK Uwe. Will start using and testing and advise any glitches.

And looks like I need to create a new signature file again and save it ????

Plus my avatar is in my profile but doesnt show up on posts. Uwe, any ideas what settings I need to change ?
      Last edited by e72phil; 21-10-16, 01:09 PM.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Hugh, the insecure message was me this morning getting the encryption settings right.
        Phil, the avatars appear to be on and off, hopefully a caching thing, I'll let you know if I find something.
        Uwe Imhoff
        TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

looks good so far Uwe!!! Is there a way to show photos all the time in the thread similar to last time instead of having to click on them?

Cheers

Jim

Comment

Yes, they show in most posts but I have seen some that look like links. Have you got a sample thread I can look at ??
            Uwe Imhoff
            TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Jim, photos should show up in posts. Make sure you are logged in (upper RH corner) as I had to re-log in again and tick "Remember me" to ensure I stayed logged in as a member and could see all pics.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

even though i ticked the remember me box i found i had to log in a number of times - i suspect that was due to the transfer things going on in the background and expect that will settle down now
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Log in remembered me OK, think we just need our brains and computers to adapt, thanks for the new system.
                  Cheers Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by 911jack View Post
                    Yes, they show in most posts but I have seen some that look like links. Have you got a sample thread I can look at ??
                    All good now. I followed Phil's advice!!

Cheers again

Comment

If you have an avatar but the picture is not showing in the posts, the easiest solution is to simply upload it again. The display size is 120 x 120 and it will allow you to resize the image you upload.

I believe some old VB3 avatars stored may be bigger then 120 x 120 stopping them from displaying. A quick reload worked for me.

You can click on your ID in a post, move cursor over your avatar and click on edit, upload and save from there.
                      Uwe Imhoff
                      TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

To switch signatures on or off in the posts, click on your username at the top of the page, click on Edit Profile. Then select the Account tab and make sure
                        Show Signatures
                        is ticked.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 3 photos.
                        Last edited by 911jack; 21-10-16, 08:38 PM.
                        Uwe Imhoff
                        TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

I've noticed that the internal search isn't working. Also, all google cached results are for pages that no longer exist - searches for site:typ901 are also broken at the moment.

Comment

Thanks again for your work on this, Uwe!
                            Mark Munro
                            '69 911T (sold)
                            '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
                            '69 MG Midget Group S car
                            TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Thanks for finding the search issue Jason, I've rebuilt it now so its all good again.

I'm looking at the broken links, the pages are still there, just at a slightly different address. Google will rebuild the links over time but other hard coded links will remain broken, not ideal.
                              Uwe Imhoff
                              TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Working...
                              X