X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator
    replied
    Uwe

Can we stop non members from seeing the pictures as this has been a strong point for the club for many years

Whats is the point of joining a site if you can already see everything and you don't want to post anyway

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Yes I can see the options, unfortunately that's all there is until vbulletin add more options

Leave a comment:

• HughH
    replied
    i dont know as i killed all of the old ones to get it to work
    can you see the difference in options between the sent box that only allows me to delete and the inbox that allows me to save into another folder?

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Hugh, I've found where the limits are set and it allowed 100 messages which includes the inbox and sent items, anyway I've bumped it up, the old system must have allowed for more as a number of people exceed this. Also I can't see an export option in vb5.

How is it now with the increased limit ??

Leave a comment:

• HughH
    replied
    ScreenShot041.jpg
    ScreenShot040.jpg Hi Uwe
    i have a big problem with my PM's - just tried to send one and says I have far too many so cant send. Tried to clear them and noticed that I have hundreds in my outbox going back to 2005. The inbox only had 2 pages of this years ones

I normally export (download as text) them to the computer and save them there and then delete them on the forum to make room - but there is no option that I can see to do that on the received ones - only to move to inbox.
    on the sent ones i cant even do that - the only button is the delete one on the top
    i am going to delete all the sent ones up until this year or so to see if that opens up functionality but i am not hopeful
    do you know if there is an export function in this version to allow me to store them on the PC?
    also there is a max of 100 messages that can be stored - didnt we increase that or was that only on early S which has 1000

to add to this I deleted about 15 pages of messages (and then again from the trash as it stopped accepting new stuff) Eventually i got it down to a level i could send a PM
    BUT
    the sent box gives me no option to save messages or put them in a sent folder - only a delete button unlike the other mail boxes

i have just loaded screen shots of both in box and sent to show the difference with the options
    regards
    more edit
    when i clicked on a message from jim I only get a blank screen / box come up
    however if i go to the message centre and look at the summaries in the inbox i can see that he has written something
    hugh
    Last edited by HughH; 27-10-16, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_cottrill
    replied
    Originally posted by 911jack View Post

I'm glad you found it, I wouldn't have thought of that as I've only ever seen 10 posts at a time which is the default. I can only put it down to a glitch in the update conversion from what ever setting you had in the old version.

I wonder if you put it back to default, will it stay with 10?
    i changed it back to default - seems to stay at 10 posts per page . Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Leave a comment:

• AdamGill
    replied
    Hi Adam

It should be the first item in the drop down list. I haven't been able to find a setting that turns this off for a user yet.

Does it work for you from a computer?
    Hi Uwe

Yes it works fine from my PC.

Regards
    Adam

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Originally posted by MrUpwey View Post
    Where do I find "User Settings"?
    Top of the screen, select your username and the drop down will reveal it. You must be logged in.

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Hi Adam

It should be the first item in the drop down list. I haven't been able to find a setting that turns this off for a user yet.

Does it work for you from a computer?

Leave a comment:

• MrUpwey
    replied
    Where do I find "User Settings"?

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Originally posted by marcus_cottrill View Post
    Uwe,

Found the solution .. go into user setting and change post per page away from default to 10 a page .. works a dream now. Maybe you can update the site default to 10 a page ?
    I'm glad you found it, I wouldn't have thought of that as I've only ever seen 10 posts at a time which is the default. I can only put it down to a glitch in the update conversion from what ever setting you had in the old version.

I wonder if you put it back to default, will it stay with 10?

Leave a comment:

• AdamGill
    replied

Hi Adam, I just clicked on the Quote on your post and it appears to work.
    Can you see the Quote option and if so what does it do when you click it?
    Hi Uwe

Attached a screenshot taken off my mobile.

Cheers
    Adam
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_cottrill
    replied
    Uwe,

Found the solution .. go into user setting and change post per page away from default to 10 a page .. works a dream now. Maybe you can update the site default to 10 a page ?

cheers

Leave a comment:

• marcus_cottrill
    replied
    Uwe

I also tried the same thread on my mobile - 4G - same result. It seems to want to download the whole thread - even if I click on the double arrows. Last site only download 1 page .. perhaps I need to change something in my account settings?

cheers

Leave a comment:

• marcus_cottrill
    replied
    Hi Uwe - I've also tried the 'what did you get in the mail' thread on my home pc (a mac) - again it just came up blank after a reasonable wait period. I don't have the same problems with other webs sites.

Kind regards

Leave a comment:

Working...
X