Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos on New Platform

Hi All

Is there some instructions for loading photos on the new site? So far all I can manage is thumbnails - yet I can see others are managing to display a full size photo...

Ta
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Hi John

There are 2 preferred ways and 2 not recommended ways of adding the images, its all done via the icons where you are typing your post.

The preferred ways as the are not viewable by the public
    1. To get them to display inline (and large), click on the CLIPBOARD icon to the right, it then presents the UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS button below the post. Select an image from your computer and load it, it will then give you the option to make it a thumbnail, small, medium, large or fullsize image, repeat the step for each image you want to load.
    2. The make a photo album which presents as an image slider, click the PHOTO icon on the left, an upload button shows below and you can add all your images. These show as thumbnails at the bottom post and when clicked it shows the image slider.

The NOT RECOMMENDED ways as they CAN BE SEEN by the public
    • Adding images as an external link using the LINK icon on the left. As the image is stored elsewhere in the internet, there is a good chance that x years down the track it will be gone and link is broken.
    • From the advanced editor's ('A' icon on right) IMAGE button, it will put them inline in the various sizes but at this time they are viewable by the public.

Hope it helps
    Uwe Imhoff
    TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Thanks Uwe!
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Can someone help with posting images from an iPhone/ iPad. I have tried the below method and using the camera icon following Adams instructions in the Why is it so quiet thred. Both ways say images too large and it won’t work.

Just got back from Rennsport so thought I should share some images of the amazing 901, 911, 935, 917s
        Mark Branson
        1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
        TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

If I take a photo with my phone, I email it to myself in a resolution more suited to the forum upload, that seems to work

Comment

Thanks Chris.
            Will give that a go.

It just seems strange to me (technological dunce) that in this mobile device age we cannot take a photo on an iPhone and post it on the forum without all the faffing. I know that if it was as simple as selecting the photo icon, selecting the image or images, and the magic software just made the image size fit the forum requirements then I would post heaps more often. We all know that posts with images are the most interesting.
            Mark Branson
            TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

If you follow 911Jack's preferred instruction above, it is easy - I chose large and a photo from my computer.
              Paul M

Comment

Thanks Paul.
                I think I needed to read the fine print better.
                Particularly the selecting of an option size such as large image.
                1. To get them to display inline (and large), click on the CLIPBOARD icon to the right, it then presents the UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS button below the post. Select an image from your computer and load it, it will then give you the option to make it a thumbnail, small, medium, large or fullsize image, SELECT one of these and repeat the step for each image you want to load
                Now I just need to see if I can do it without reducing the file size by emailing it to myself per Chris' advice.
                Mark Branson
                TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Uwe has spent quite a bit of time on this recently and it is much improved

I will attempt a how to sheet over the next week or 2

Certainly no longer need to resize pics and can now download straight from your i phone or Android any more, with some size restrictions it seems.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Example I just went to my iPhone and downloaded this as a medium pic

F23593AF-9042-461D-B798-4AF7C2B3B5BA.jpeg
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

It is a big pic but handled it OK
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

Now back on the desktop added via the camera icon on the LHS

Double left click the mouse and they become the full pic

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 11 photos.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

There are now 11 pics done in afew seconds all large pics originally and not resized
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

In fact I think the camera icon, not the attach icon, is the way to go for multiple pics works very well you have the option of commenting on each pic and no resizing needed at all
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Working...
                            X