Clear All

• griffiths_r
    replied
    Uwe - sent you an email (or two)...

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Phil,

I've checked the settings between the pre and post update and they were identical in their small limits. It may have been a customised hack in the system which got overwritten by the updates, if I come across and alternate reason I'll work with it.

Image formats of jpg,png are now set to a maximum size of 640 x 600 but if you keep the width at 600px or less they will appear inline, any larger and they appear as a link.

This size has been set to ensure posts remain readable and also to have minimal impact on the server as the forum continues to grow over time.

Images existing on other servers can always be embedded in the post by using the "Insert Image" button.
    Post Edit: Ignore this and see the following post regarding images

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.

And a test.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 911jack; 18-04-14, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    Hi Uwe,

I tried to add images to a post and the max it allows is 620 x 280 pixels, which is lousy.

Can you pls amend the max. image size to what it used to be and also teh auto re-size feature that appeared to be active and auto resized images to suit the limits rather than flat out rejecting them.

Leave a comment:

• David 68T
    replied
    Same problem. Now fixed. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• griffiths_r
    replied
    yeah ditto... removing cookies seems to have solved a few issues for me too (like it not 'remembering' me, so i had to sign in everytime I visited the site).

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Excellent. If anyone else is experiencing some strange activity, please try the delete cookie trick and hopefully it will correct things.

It seems the cookie is storing information not quite compatible with the current implementation, the upgrade effectively did about 15 or so updates in succession.

Anyway, fresh cookies taste better:p

Leave a comment:

• HughH
    replied
    Originally posted by HughH View Post
    Hi. I can't post or send pm's from my pc. The reply box does not show any fonts etc and the letters when typed are very big but when I try to send the message says you must write some characters This post is from iPad which seems unaffected. The pc is windows 8. That may be the problem ( I hate windows but 8 has taken it to a new level)
    It did work prior to the upgrade of the board though
    Uwe

thanks for the PM

i did what you said (remove cookie for the site for anyone else with this problem) and now if this posts we are "back to normal programming"

Leave a comment:

• HughH
    replied
    Hi. I can't post or send pm's from my pc. The reply box does not show any fonts etc and the letters when typed are very big but when I try to send the message says you must write some characters This post is from iPad which seems unaffected. The pc is windows 8. That may be the problem ( I hate windows but 8 has taken it to a new level)
    It did work prior to the upgrade of the board though

Leave a comment:

• CamBiscuit
    replied
    Thanks Uwe

Leave a comment:

• Fishcop
    replied
    Thanks Uwe - I can now play again

Leave a comment:

• griffiths_r
    replied
    thanks Uwe - it's never easy.

Jock is right, we are lucky to have great volunteers like yourself to help with the technical stuff.

Leave a comment:

• jock69t
    replied
    Thanks for all your work on this Uwe. The club is fortunate to have you do this for us.

Leave a comment:

• 911jack
    replied
    Sorry for the slight delay in getting the maintenance done but it didn't go as smoothly as planned, like you all haven't heard that one before.

Anyway this version of the forum (vBulletin 3) is now running on the latest security release, a necessary step to get to the next version down the track (vBulletin 4).

Leave a comment:

• griffiths_r
    replied
    +1 !!!!

Leave a comment:

• markymark_1968
    replied
    Thanks Uwe! Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X