No announcement yet.

Swepco 201 in Oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on this. The guys who were sources all say it is NLA in Australia.

Comment

Did you try Joe Farmer at Vintage race parts?
      0413 724 053
      Mick

Comment

Will do thanks Mick. I was told by two other agents that no one did. d Joe. I actually knew him from Abingdon Motors/MG. No he doesn't either. Said it was too costly to import and sell. Off to get some generic 90 GL4/5!
        Last edited by Merv; 12-12-15, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Merv

I am using Kendall in all of my gearboxes and am very happy with it. Comes highly recommended on Pelican forums - some preferring it to Swepco. I buy it on Amazon.

Comment

Will check it out Rob. Also Redline is available. Seems Swepco has done its time.

Comment

I would be wary of Redline - heard reports of a generating a sludge in the box?

Comment

The 'Maestro' has recommended Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil. However, I think I will be sticking to the one my car has had for 50 years, a generic SAE 90 hyphoid GL4-5.

Comment

I bought a US gallon of Swepco 201 from the supplier John mentioned in Adelaide, about 5 months ago. I popped in and picked it up from him.

Alan A Paice
                  S.A. METAL CONDITIONERS PTY. LTD.
                  28 Richard Street, Hindmarsh SA 5007
                  Telephone: (08) 8340 1436
                  Fax: (08) 8340 2492
                  (After Hours: Alan (08) 8278 5853 ~ Mobile Phone: 0418 846 849)
                  Email: sametal2@three.com.au

He has moved to a new office across the road, so not sure of the street number. He was very helpful though. But I'm guessing from the thread he is also no longer importing it?

Pretty sure it is used in piston engine helicopter gearboxes (dreadful things they are). May be worth calling a helicopter maintenance company?
                  Last edited by oz772; 13-12-15, 11:33 AM.
                  Scott Rackley
                  1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

Thanks Scott. I have given up chasing Swepco around the country, as agent after agent gives up with the current exchange rate.

Penrite 80/90 GL5 it will be.

Comment

I just replaced the gearbox oil in the 930 with Swepco.
                      I am told this is the best contact flatsixoils@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Chris. I used the Penrite already and it seems fine. How much was the Swepco for 4 L?

Comment

Working...
                        X