No announcement yet.

Aubergine now Red 1973 911T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wondering you're smiling. What a consolation prize and all original to your car. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by ITS-911 View Post
      Started phoning previous owners of my 1973 911T (only had 5 including me). Lovely lady the widow of owner number 3 says there are heaps of parts from that Porsche in the back garden shed, can you please come and take them away! She would not take any money and I got 2 x Comfort seats original to my car, the genuine mirrors, original 5 73 steering wheel (plus a 74 wheel), overriders, bumper parts, spare lights front and back, and a box of small bits most still in genuine Porsche packets. I have taken over lots of wine for her, spirits, been to lunch and visited her children and grandchildren in granddads Porsche......I still owe her as she has made my day/month/year...........
      What a great story !
      '71 911 T 2.7
      TYP 901 Register #16
      Early 911S Register #2460
      Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

That’s great, what a find.
        Peter D

TYP901# 233
        911T Coupe 68
        911E Targa 73
        911E Coupe 72 (sold)
        1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Great finds Geoff

I have a set of correct horns and brackets for your car if they have gone AWOL.

Not concourse by any means but they work and very hard to find in any condition.

Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I remember this car from the late 80's early 90's ...... certainly the registration number.

justin
            New Member to the Forum (please go easy on the new guy) and have 1973 911T Coupe repainted Red in the 80's was originally Aubergine:
            1973 Porsche 911 T / E Coupe
            Manufactured at Stuttgart May 1973 and delivered 02/07/1973 (Tourist delivery)
            Chassis: 9113102942 Engine: 6135318
            Hamilton’s delivered via South Australian sub dealer Chateau Moteur
            C35 Australian RHD – Mrs. Elizabeth Rohan 36 Wandilla Drive Rostrevor SA 5073
            fahrzeug nicht konserviert - car is not preserved?
            selbstabholer tourist im werk - Factory collection tourist?
            BEFESTIG.F.KENNZ.BEILEGEN - enclose number plate holders?
            5 speed
            4010/4040 Aubergine (Colour code 025)
            Beige Leatherette (3) with Pearl Cord Inserts (321) and drivers side outside mirror (plain)
            Dunlop Tyres 165 HR15
            Option: M470 - Comfort package without Sportomatic
            Option: M485 - Forged wheels
            Wish one:

I have the books, history and the owners from the second owner but would dearly like to find and chat to Mrs Elizabeth Rohan who was in South Australia and apparently moved to Sydney in the 80's.
            Wish two:
            6135318 - Motor swapped out in the 90's by BWA in Seven hills - believe its in a car and would love to find it (3.0L SC motor currently provides motivation)
            Wish three:
            I would love to know more details about the 1973 Australian delivered 911T's and hope to learn a bit more along the way

Cheers
            Geoff

Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Very smart ,

Bet you could not believe your luck when you entered that shed ,

Lucky man !

Comment

UPDATE: After a bit of detective work I found that the first owner of my 1973 911 T
                Mrs. Elizabeth Rohan
                from South Australia has passed away as well as her husband. I talked to Brian Rohan the brother of Elisabeth's husband, and he and his brother collected the Porsche from the factory in 1973 (ordering it from Chateau Moteur South Australia) then travelled around Europe and eventually ending up in London. The Porsche was despatched to South Australia with 2 x E Types also purchased in the UK. Brian and his sisters are going to send me some scanned photos of my car in "Aubergine" in Period in Europe and South Australia!
                Sad both have passed, but happy to fill all the owner squares in, on my 911's dance card................
                Last edited by ITS-911; 04-05-18, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hugh can I ask was the Aubergine a popular choice for Australia in 1972 and 1973?
                  thank you
                  Geoff

Comment

Really a fabulous story. Good luck on your ongoing restoration.

Comment

Hugh can I ask was the Aubergine a popular choice for Australia in 1972 and 1973?
                      thank you
                      Geoff
                      not really that popular
                      in 1973 I have 2 Aubergine T coupes out of the 15 ordered; 1 E coupe out of the 30, no S coupes out of the 9; no T targas out of the 9; 1 E targa out of 20, no S Targas out of 6 and no RS's out of 8
                      in 1972 only 33 cars were delivered in total but i have only 1 in aubergine recvorded
                      To be fair i dont have all the 1972 and 1973 cars colours in my database so there may be one or two others but I do have almost all of them
                      Hugh Hodges
                      1973 E
                      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thank you Hugh....I want to put the 73 back to Aubergine and it will happen in the future, although my paint shop have said 6 months to do between other jobs. I would rather keep driving it for a bit longer as it's a bit addictive....Geoff

Comment

Geoff, my 72E is currently being brought back to original Aubergine. It was originally a UK car but spent most of its life in Adelaide. Like many of these old 911's, it has had several colour changes. I am using Jason at Chequered Flag resto to do the job and most of the car was taken back to bare metal. I also used Kane at Zuffenhaus Classics to dry-ice blast many areas like under the floor and inner guards and engine bay and trunk area. We have revealed several paint colour including green and the current albert Blue but also traces of yellow which we feel was a primer used in various repair areas.

Be aware that a repaint should involve going back to bare metal because you have no idea how well (or poorly) the preparation for previous paint jobs was done. Bare metal stripping reveals all manner of average repairs etc but does give you the chance to "do it right" and ensure you lay down a good epoxy base coat to guard against corrosion for a long time to come.

Once my car is done, you can view it in the flesh to see what you think of the colour. There are a couple of other Aubergine 911's I know of that have been repainted recently but none are on the road yet.

sigpicPhil Lack
                          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                          Early 911-S Registry # 690
                          R-Gruppe # 367
                          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I onow where the aubergine E targa is.

alas it's red last I heard.

i remember the aubergine targa circa 1976/77. The owners was fiends of neighbours a few doors down.... seeing the 356 the fellow knew he was dealing with an enthusiast family.

jr
                            Justin Reed
                            aka Reedminor
                            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                            1961 356B #114700
                            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

SUPER GREAT NEWS UPDATE: Found my original engine
                              about 3 weeks ago (was not easy). Owner of my original engine lives overseas, and certainly had no need to sell it, so I left a cash offer with his mechanic (the full offer in $100's and 50's). Through the help of his mechanic and the owner appreciating the fact I was trying to get my car back to matching numbers, From today I now own the 1973 911T engine 6135318.
                              How good do I feel.........I currently have a red 911 with a mismatched interior a 3L in the back that is great fun to drive, but now I could have an Australian Tourist delivered 1973.5 911T 2.4 5 speed matching numbers Coupe in Aubergine and Beige interior, delivered with the Comfort package and 15" Fuch wheels with original books and history................many more dollars needed to get to "I could have" but it's free to dream.

Comment

It's the one! Carbs are to stay with the previous owner but all else is mine.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X