Aubergine now Red 1973 911T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubergine now Red 1973 911T

New Member to the Forum (please go easy on the new guy) and have 1973 911T Coupe repainted Red in the 80's was originally Aubergine:
    1973 Porsche 911 T / E Coupe
    Manufactured at Stuttgart May 1973 and delivered 02/07/1973 (Tourist delivery)
    Chassis: 9113102942 Engine: 6135318
    Hamilton’s delivered via South Australian sub dealer Chateau Moteur
    C35 Australian RHD – Mrs. Elizabeth Rohan 36 Wandilla Drive Rostrevor SA 5073
    fahrzeug nicht konserviert - car is not preserved?
    selbstabholer tourist im werk - Factory collection tourist?
    BEFESTIG.F.KENNZ.BEILEGEN - enclose number plate holders?
    5 speed
    4010/4040 Aubergine (Colour code 025)
    Beige Leatherette (3) with Pearl Cord Inserts (321) and drivers side outside mirror (plain)
    Dunlop Tyres 165 HR15
    Option: M470 - Comfort package without Sportomatic
    Option: M485 - Forged wheels
    Wish one:

I have the books, history and the owners from the second owner but would dearly like to find and chat to Mrs Elizabeth Rohan who was in South Australia and apparently moved to Sydney in the 80's.
    Wish two:
    6135318 - Motor swapped out in the 90's by BWA in Seven hills - believe its in a car and would love to find it (3.0L SC motor currently provides motivation)
    Wish three:
    I would love to know more details about the 1973 Australian delivered 911T's and hope to learn a bit more along the way

Cheers
    Geoff

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome to the Forum Geoff. It might help to list the engine number you are after (if you know the original numbers?).
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Engine: 6135318
      is one I am looking for thank you

Comment

Welcome Geoff. I hope you have the same good experiences we have had on these pages.

Comment

911 T / E coupe, 5 speed manual
          Manufactured May 1973 and collected July 1973 from factory
          Aubergine
          Beige Leatherette
          Australia, Right Hand Drive
          CHASSIS: 9113102942
          ENGINE: 6135318 > is the original one I would like to find!
          Delivered with Option 470 Comfort package without Sportomatic, 485 Forged wheels, Drivers side exterior mirror, plain
          First owner: Elizabeth Rohan in South Australia > I would like to find her > does anyone have any information?
          **It's just a driver and maybe more one day............
          Any information or advice :
          geoff@gapex.com.au

Geoff

Comment

Welcome Geoff,

Clyde ( Terminator) is very knowledgeable re 1973 cars.

Not that you need my advice re matching numbers, but I have both matching and non matching cars and I definitely don’t enjoy the matching ones to any greater extent.

pM sent also

Comment

Geoff there is a long recent debate on the Early 911 forum in the US on this very topic.

Comment

Hi Geoff and good talking to you over the past few days.

I do have a perfect case for you to build that engine if it can't be found it will check the engine number early next week
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Welcome Geoff, good looking car, and well, I obviously love a 1973 911

My German is a bit rusty, but this is how I translate it:
                  fahrzeug nicht konserviert - car is not protected (literally: preserved); did they maybe leave the PVC underside protection off by any chance?
                  selbstabholer tourist im werk - Yes, self-collection at the factory (Werk = factory) is the most literal translation.
                  BEFESTIG.F.KENNZ.BEILEGEN - Put the plate holder - brackets with the car.
                  1973 911T Coupe
                  1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Patrick and Geoff
                    the "preservation" comment is regarding the treatment for cars being shipped by various means or picked up either at the factory or at a nominated dealership in Europe
                    the different means of transporting the car from the factory and levels of protection and code for each are as follows
                    0 car waxed - stock Germany sold
                    4 car waxed - export shipping
                    5 car unwaxed - Inland: collected by te dealer or customer; export collected by the exporter inside the factory
                    6 car unwaxed - collected personally by the tourist outside of the factory
                    7 car waxed - collected personally by the factory outside of the factory
                    8 car not waxed - air freight

the waxing is the cosmoline type substance that is applied at the factory to protect the car during shipment and then removed at the dealership before delivery

the plate holder and brackets would be for the Zoll (export) plates the car would wear for up to 3 months to be able to be driven around in Europe legally and insured without being further registered
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Welcome Geoff! Great to have you onboard.
                      That aubergine is a cracker colour!

Comment

Thanks all I appreciate the info and support. I have started to put right a couple of the 80s improvements. Mirrors are now correct, wheels are being improved including the spare and tyres. Tinting now removed took day and half and a sore neck. Comfort seats (the originals) will be put back in and original to this car steering wheel going back on. List seems endless and the two alarms, immobiliser, central locking, electric antenna, cruise control, handbrake combination lock are to be banished to the bin eventually....,,

Comment

Lots of jobs, but all so worth it!
                          S

Comment

Started phoning previous owners of my 1973 911T (only had 5 including me). Lovely lady the widow of owner number 3 says there are heaps of parts from that Porsche in the back garden shed, can you please come and take them away! She would not take any money and I got 2 x Comfort seats original to my car, the genuine mirrors, original 5 73 steering wheel (plus a 74 wheel), overriders, bumper parts, spare lights front and back, and a box of small bits most still in genuine Porsche packets. I have taken over lots of wine for her, spirits, been to lunch and visited her children and grandchildren in granddads Porsche......I still owe her as she has made my day/month/year...........

Comment

The 911T is starting to look "more correct" fitted safe wheels and new tyres, and will eventually put correct Fuch wheels back on once I get a sorted set. Steering wheel is back on and correct gear knob is back on, still working down the list..............
                              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X