No announcement yet.

I bought Merv's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is more like the shape of the washer bottle in my 68T.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

I have 2 of these to choose from Ben hopefully you found one last year when I was also searching

IMG_5073.jpg
      Bingo!
      I'd forgotten we'd covered this last year - lol.
      I love the '68 parts dilemma, makes it very rewarding in the end.

Re your other post above, I used a retail version of ceramacote through a pressure washer the other day and it was surprisingly impressive.
      Will have to look at pro versions here in Sydney.

Comment

I've been here twice before with 2 x 69 1 year only cars during my time
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

2 years and 7 months almost to the day since I bought the car and now we are out of lock down I finally drove the registered 68 more than once around the block.

Took it for an a hours drive and it performed faultlessly, the ceramic coating really makes the paint sparkle and soooo easy to wipe over and no more scratching.

Might give it another spin at next weeks club run. 2020-11-15 15.48.18.jpg
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

car looks fantastic Clyde, and ceramic coating is the way to go
            Craig
            12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
            1972 2.4E Targa project
            1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Next project on this car is to fix up the incorrect mix and matched front area on the car.

It had lost its battery support box, had the wrong washer bottle without the hole in the front slam panel for the filler neck and the incorrect washer bottle bracket it was mostly like a 67 but this is definately a late 68 which is very different to a 67.

Restoration Design helped with the 2 main metal bits I need , I had previously acquired the correct washer bottle so now it's up to Dave to cut out/grind the wrong 67 style washer bracket, weld the battery and washer bottle brackets into place, drill the hole in the front slam panel for the washer bottle filler neck and then to spray some schutz and black paint to hide his handy work.

Maybe before Xmas but if not early in the new year.

2020-12-09 15.03.56.jpg
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Got all the bits I need now for a post Xmas fixem upperer.

2020-12-22 13.26.47.jpg
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President

Comment

Car has been at Dave's for a week and the battery box is in, water bottle bracket in and hole in the front slam panel drilled ready for the water bottle filler neck. Also fixed the hole in the floor pan where the fuel vapour line had been routed in favour of 2 correct size holes for the drain tubes.

New correct size battery arrives this week.

I notice one over rider wasn't sitting at the same angle as the other so removed the bar to check and someone had used a later one and welded in the metal plate at the top to look like a 68 and earlier one but brackets on both are in slightly different places and hence they did not sit the same.

I have a good one that needs re-chroming and that will fix that issue.

While at Daves I am fitting a correct ivory headliner in favour of the incorrect funeral black one, some new visors and some new windscreen trims as others were dull from steel wool I suspect and not bright at all.

That just about takes care of the annoying non 1968 issues with the car.

2021-01-29 10.12.10.jpg 2021-01-29 10.13.03.jpg 2021-01-29 10.13.13.jpg
                  Last edited by Terminator; 06-02-21, 10:11 PM.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

All the goodies have been installed just new sun visors to go and then I think I am as far down the road as I am going with this car. By the time I cashed in some of the bits that were with the car like old seats, deep 6 fuchs I have not had to dip into my pocket too much to get it to where it is much more like the correct 1968 it actually is.

I do have some beautifully re chromed door handles which will make their way onto the car soon too.

One last addition was a very rare 4/68 version of the STD 911 handbook popped up on ebay, my car was built 5/68 so this handbook is 100% correct for my car and illustrates some of the later 68 mods. Of course I paid drug money but what the heck!!!

s-l140.jpg

2021-04-06 17.04.07.jpg 2021-04-06 17.11.59.jpg 2021-04-06 17.19.24.jpg 2021-04-06 17.12.32.jpg 2021-04-06 17.21.04.jpg

Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

I have 2 of these to choose from Ben hopefully you found one last year when I was also searching

IMG_5073.jpg
                      Clyde, do you still have one of the 68 washer bottles? And possibly a lid as well? I don't think my current one is correct for the year
                      Joyce

68 912
                      85 911 Cab

Comment

Yours may be Joyce as very early 68 cars still had the 67 washer bottle I believe.

Is it through the front slam panel or not.

I do have a 2nd bottle not in as good shape as the one in the pic which is the one I used on my car if it turns out you need one

Probably cleans up OK though.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Thanks Clyde, yes, there is a hole in the front slam panel (providing that is the same panel as the latch panel). But I'm not sure whether the other fittings I would need are still there. Maybe we could check it out at the RED show on the 18th?

Out of interest, do you have/were you able to source model correct window winders? I haven't been able to find the plastic bits that go over the metal fittings.
                          Joyce

68 912
                          85 911 Cab

Comment

Not sure what you mean by plastic bits over the metal fittings if you mean the rosette that goes over where the window winder attaches I would have to check mine first as that is something I have not checked I would have assumed the same as later years but will look
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

No, it's not the rosette, from my understanding that goes between the crank and the window mechanism. My car has the sort of crank shown at 901-542-470-20 Window Crank 90154247020 (stoddard.com), and I think they should have round black plastic covers to cover where the crank connects to the window mechanism (rather than the later model cranks which have a plastic cover which fits over the whole crank). But I could be mistaken.
                              Joyce

68 912
                              85 911 Cab

Comment

With you now Joyce you need 1 or 2??

Sierra and Porsche have them available, look in this section

https://sierramadrecollection.com/91...r-panels-c935/

15th row down RHS

Last edited by Terminator; 07-04-21, 11:02 PM.
                                Clyde Boyer
                                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X