Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Rebuild

I have had my 911T 2.2 Weber carb car since early 90s
    Would like advice on engine upgrade or overhaul or suggestions and who to talk to
    Thanks
    Trev
    Lucerne

Hi Trev... if you are in Sydney, I would recommend speaking to Cavaco Motors. They come highly recommended by people I trust, and my own (brief) dealing with them when I was stuck in Sydney with a problem was outstanding. They do a lot of early cars.
    Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Comment

G’day Trev, what state are you in?

Comment

NSW his profile says,

Comment

Hi Trev,

I too have a 1971 T, 2.2/ Weber and was considering the same question. I live in Sydney and have taken prior cars to Carlos Cavaco, and he is excellent. He is not as 'flash' and modern as many these days, but his work is excellent. When I was buying this said 2.2T, I asked him abt 'tuning and HP mods' and he was particularly excited about what options exist for fast 2.2 mods. Whilst I did not initially take the car there, I do plan to go back as soon as I have it in my possession.

Best of luck, please let us know what you plan to do as I might follow you in!

Adam

Comment

If both are matching number engines to the cars I would stick to stock build or enhance with minimal external visual difference to standard.
            Or stick 2.2 on shelf and buy another engine with more go if that floats your boat.
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

something like this
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mrar; 19-06-18, 10:30 AM.
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

very nice indeed ... I was thinking open filters, pea-shooter 2 in 2 out, slight overbore, new pistons, rods, valve job, and balanced crank ... maybe a little more CR. I'd love to aim at 180hp. Have no idea how achievable this is with the stock case and Webers though.

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                  something like this
                  mmm. 911.83...

Comment

Looks like it.
                    that's not my one, just food for thought.
                    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                    X