Black leatherette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black leatherette

Hi I’m looking to reupholster a pair of Recaros in black to match the original trim Interior 11 Black Leatherette (as best as it could possibly be given the age of the original interior). I’m wondering if anyone has sourced the material. I’m aware of the guy in Carlton NSW. I’m looking for supplier options. Any tips would be appreciated too. One question I have in mind is whether I should use actual leather instead? By the way did you see the original Recaro on eBay asking 16k for one!
    Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

If you are having a particular trimmer do the seats, then I’d suggest you drive the car to him to take look at his sample books and match it direct with the car.
    Different trimmers use different suppliers. My trimmer (who does a lot of Porsches in Brisbane) actually uses what he calls ‘MG Black vinyl’. It’s virtually the same as the early black leatherette.
    The other option is to contact Classic British & German and just order a quantity from John Pisani. Note that he is pretty hard to get hold of, as he is crazy busy. But he is worth dealing with to get the right fabric.

Comment

I have also bought vinyl from Lakewell in Germany they call it German vinyl I think, I have plenty left over that I could send you a swatch for comparison?

Comment

Working...
      X