I owned Eric Clapton’s car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I owned Eric Clapton’s car...

this is my first 70S that I bought in 2010, ballsed up an attempt to return to original, and then sold it to the UK. If you want to see a frighteningly good restoration, read thru his blog. O-M-G

i was not aware of the Slowhand connection when I owned it, altho I knew original rego was CLK92H

Wow.

Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Was that the Red car from Tasmania ?

Comment

Indeed it was.

Comment

Bloody hell... That is very cool...

Comment

Gob smacked. I was chasing an S around that time and missed out on the S that Bremith bought to replace the UK car. The UK car was more than I was willing to take on although I did spool thru the Ebay listing numerous times. Wonderful story for the new owner.

Comment

Did you read through what Richard has done with it? Hooley Dooley! Suspect it’s better built now than it was when it rolled out of the factory.

Just after I bought that one in 2010 there was another “updated” 70S for sale in Bris for sale (LHD to RHD conversion) for $25k. Still had original engine etc etc. Those were the days hey?

I did try and get PO history thru UK DVLA but easy if you’re a UKer, very hard if you’re not. Wish I’d tried a little bit harder - how cool would it be to have a V5 with “Mr Eric Clapton” on it? I mean I know it’s meaningless, but still cool. I had a CoA but not original owner and with a 70 there’s no Jardel to access through the secret squirrel spies.

Comment

Great resto - looks sensational
                '71 911 T 2.7
                TYP 901 Register #16
                Early 911S Register #2460
                Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Super rough if memory serves
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It was. But it ain’t now

Comment

Working...
                    X