TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I said never again...but I mispoke (lied)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the most magnificent day today, left home at 10.30 am got back and 3.30 pm and belted goldie for 4.5 hrs with a stop for lunch.

Goldie absoulutely loved it, don't think it had been driven in anger in a very long time and it sat between 5000 and 6500 rpm for a good part of the journey.

Never missed a beat, no MFI hiccups, no smoking, perfect oil pressure, perfect temp and pure driving pleasure on a great weather day on some great roads where no one else had decided to be today.

For for a car that is a bit down in the engine you sure as hell would not know it after it got past 4000 rpm.

The bugs were not so happy though being met at 100kph!!!
    2020-11-09 21.35.47.jpg
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

More minor improvements correct durant mirror added back to the car and the Can Am Interseries decal to the rear window

2020-11-23 16.16.07.jpg 2020-11-23 16.17.24.jpg
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
        Now all finished decals, plugs in top of overiders and side fuse cover with wing nuts back in place.

2020-10-25 15.03.16.jpg
        That looks awesome
        Damian Royce
        TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Had the most magnificent day today, left home at 10.30 am got back and 3.30 pm and belted goldie for 4.5 hrs with a stop for lunch.

Goldie absoulutely loved it, don't think it had been driven in anger in a very long time and it sat between 5000 and 6500 rpm for a good part of the journey.

Never missed a beat, no MFI hiccups, no smoking, perfect oil pressure, perfect temp and pure driving pleasure on a great weather day on some great roads where no one else had decided to be today.

For for a car that is a bit down in the engine you sure as hell would not know it after it got past 4000 rpm.

The bugs were not so happy though being met at 100kph!!!
          2020-11-09 21.35.47.jpg
          The old "Italian tune" is good for classic 911's, they sing above 5000rpm!

JR
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Could not stand to look at the door pockets with speakers any longer so out they came today replaced by some good ones from my other 73E as I have treated it to a whole new set to go with it's repaint. Just no comparasin looks soooo much better. I hate speakers in door pockets and they did not even work anyway!!

2021-03-27 13.13.25.jpg 2021-03-28 14.25.09.jpg
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

Further improvements today got the pockets to fit better with some fettling and new bungee cords. Going to try and replace all the chrome trims with one of the kits available stateside as my pockets have good shape but chrome trims a bit so so

New sun visors too replacing the puffy originals.

If anyone wants the factory info on fitting the bungee and the holding tabs I have it.

2021-04-02 15.40.39.jpg 2021-04-02 15.41.49.jpg 2021-04-02 16.00.26.jpg 2021-04-02 15.59.49.jpg
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

You are the master clyde!
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Clyde,
                  Who supplied the sun visors ?
                  Craig
                  12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                  1972 2.4E Targa project
                  1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Porsche Classic Craig via Sierra if I remember correctly mirror on wrong side so a LHD set which is all they have available

Apparently Lakewell now do a RHD set and I would love you to buy them so I can find out if they are any good
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

If anyone wants the factory info on fitting the bungee and the holding tabs I have it.
                      I would love that Clyde. The repros I got from SMC are good, but the alignment with their own LH door handle is atrocious. I'd post a photo but you'd all bring up your last meal I'm sure.
                      '97 993 - new toy
                      '95 993 - on the chopping block
                      '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

Porsche Classic Craig via Sierra if I remember correctly mirror on wrong side so a LHD set which is all they have available

Apparently Lakewell now do a RHD set and I would love you to buy them so I can find out if they are any good
                        $600 roll of the dice with Lakewell stuff ... think my slightly puffy originals will have to do
                        Craig
                        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                        1972 2.4E Targa project
                        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by pocketscience View Post

I would love that Clyde. The repros I got from SMC are good, but the alignment with their own LH door handle is atrocious. I'd post a photo but you'd all bring up your last meal I'm sure.
                          send me pics clydeboyer911@gmail.com
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

Originally posted by pocketscience View Post

First thing to do is secure the 4 screws on the door pocket hinges and to test fit as the brackets in the door moves vertical as well as laterally if desired. You want the top of the pocket to line up with the door handle all the way along.

There should be enough tension against the door pocket pin from the metal bracket guiding arm to hold the pocket in place without the need for bungee, this will assist in tight fit when bungee is added. Bend the guiding arms of the metal bracket to achieve this tension against the door pocket pin. Adjust the 4 screws to achieve best possible fit before adding bungee and tighten all screws.

Secure bungee using holding tabs at the end furtherest point from the centre of the door, bungee goes through the hole furtherest from door midline, spare tucks through 2nd hole then pass the bungee through the circular metal part of the door handle and then though the hole in the metal bracket that has the guiding arm and then secure again with 2nd holding tabs after passing back through the top hole of the door pocket. Again tuck spare through 2nd hole. No need to be too concerned with tension yet.

Do all your tension adjusting at the holding tabs near the doors centre as you have more hand room and it helps to stop the pocket sticking out near the door rubber.

I know all this to be correct as I have had a few low mileage cars in my time and they have all been like this and have read the rest of the info in the Porsche repair manuals. There are never, repeat never any knots tied in the bungee.

See pics might be easier.

Top tip from me cut the bungee diagonally at both ends with a very sharp knife and tape firmly to make it easier to push through the holding tabs

IMG_4527.jpg IMG_4526.jpg
                            Last edited by Terminator; 07-04-21, 12:54 PM.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post

$600 roll of the dice with Lakewell stuff ... think my slightly puffy originals will have to do
                              OK I will be the guinea pig
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X