Sun visors from Dansk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun visors from Dansk

I know that this has been touched on before......

I just received a set of the LHD repops from Pelican. The only similarities that I can see with my originals is that they are black on one side and they are sun visors.....

They are smaller. The shape is wrong. The center pivot is wrong. The texture of the vinyl is really wrong. The ivory colour is wrong.

In an earlier post Clive mentions a "myriad" of shapes for visors. These are not like 72s or 75s and I thought that coupe visors were all the same from 69-89.....
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Bill I purchased in July this year RHD type sunvisors for my 73 from Design 911 UK for 118.80 Pounds postage paid. These are complete with all the brackets and are black on one side, ivory the other. I'm super happy with them and they seem to be an excellent reproductions. My roof lining was from David Nunn at Southbound Trimmers UK and it all worked well together. Thanks Scotty for the tip on headlining.
    Geoff in Sydney

Comment

Originally posted by ITS-911 View Post
      Bill I purchased in July this year RHD type sunvisors for my 73 from Design 911 UK for 118.80 Pounds postage paid. These are complete with all the brackets and are black on one side, ivory the other. I'm super happy with them and they seem to be an excellent reproductions. My roof lining was from David Nunn at Southbound Trimmers UK and it all worked well together. Thanks Scotty for the tip on headlining.
      Geoff in Sydney
      Which side did they have the mirror on?
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde my 911 is still in Orange country NSW and I am in Sydney but not drivers side from memory

Comment

Thanks Geoff. I'll have a look at their page. I should have probably done a bit more research, but I was getting some engine bits and it seemed like a good opportunity to also get the visors...... I really thought that Dansk would be better than that.
          Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Dansk probably dont make them. Some Italian outfit perhaps ? but i too have some dodgy shape repros and mine were purchased from Porsche Classic at essen in Germany. !
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
            X