Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gumtree Fraud - 'Stephen Forbes'

Hi Guys

Did anyone else buy these too? I Spoke with him, Stephen Forbes, the story stacked up.... Paid for them and organised removalist. Now crickets and not answering phone.

I feel rather stupid!! Just be careful guys...

Cheers Tom
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Tom Laube
    Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
    VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Ha,
    seemed too good to be true.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

PayPal is your friend here.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I reported him as he woudn't send picture of licence nor take an sms - Surely the police would have enough with bank account and phone number to work back to - Gave bull**** story he was on country trip and said wheels were 6/72 stamped

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskl60 View Post
          Hi Guys

Did anyone else buy these too? I Spoke with him, Stephen Forbes, the story stacked up.... Paid for them and organised removalist. Now crickets and not answering phone.

I feel rather stupid!! Just be careful guys...

Cheers Tom
          Tom, maybe you'll have recourse through PayPal ( if used )
          Last edited by Terminator; 06-12-19, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I had a few text messages with Stephen about the wheels, he seemed to know enough to be real and yes......matching set 6/72 and seven people already want them but first to pay will own! I live really close to the suburb on the ad so said I could pay cash on collection but not interested in paying immediately. This was the end of the messages so I assumed someone else transferred up front and got them. Tom sorry to hear about this. Geoff in Sydney

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tom

I guess him joining in Dec 19 might have caused some minor worry if you had noticed and they were way too cheap

Don't worry though another board member was hot on your heels I think

Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

sorry to hear that Tom
                get onto your bank asap (assuming you paid by EFT)... they might possibly be able to recover the funds... it's a long shot as it has been a while - but you never know without asking!!
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I take it that this was an alleged fraudulent action through Gumtree rather than this forum. However, perhaps as the internet has proven that you should not deal with someone unknown, we as a forum need to vet new members validity. Not sure how, but perhaps membership and access should only be available to actual owners of verifiable Porsches with a joining fee that covers a vehicle check with the relevant authority.
                  Paul M

Comment

Good idea Paul,

When I applied to PCA re a "Birth Certificate " for my 911 I had to send a copy of my drivers licence and proof of ownership ,that was a few years back.

Recently I had to do the same thing to Jaguar Heritage in the UK for my E, ID and Rego papers with car in my name.

I am not sure of current Type 901 protocol as I have been a member for a few years now, but at least the above and probably a registration type inspection carried out, as you suggest, or a sighting/meet by a recognised financial club member within 7 days of application for membership to show "currency" of ownership, along with that or a current member acting as a referee / seconder.

In other words make it harder, we are a worth while club to join so it should not be a problem .

Not that 901 Club are in anyway responsible for what has happened but maybe a new (items for sale/buy ) posting rule run past the Moderator for the first five times, bit like an ebay requirement by some sellers ?

regards
                    Bruce

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Also know as Eric who posted 16 inch polished Fuchs on gumtree until recently, but gained notoriety from his real name..........

Comment

Nice work !

You should become a PI

Comment

Stephen Forbes in now on Just Parts:

Click to find out more about this porsche 911 rs 911 s fuchs wheels sold in pennant hills nsw 2120. Stock Number: JPW5079730 at JUST PARTS

Click to find out more about this porsche 911 light weight aluminium doors & bonnet sold in pennant hills nsw 2120. Stock Number: JPW5079731 at JUST PARTS

Have reported advertisements as scams

Comment

If you scroll down you can report the advert as a scam

Comment

Working...
                              X