Insurance... ryno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance... ryno

Hello folks... sorry have been a bit absent - been a lot going on and not much p-car time.

so... received my insurance renewal from Ryno.

22% increase on last year. Somewhat shocked to say the least!!!!

any thoughts, advice or suggestions for new insurers?

r
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

I got my renewal from Shannons only a few dollars increase.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

You can't go past Shannons, I actually had a small reduction across the board this year.

The more you insure the cheaper they get, inc motorcycles, homes, even car trailers.

Plus you get an agreed value and rights to retention of damaged/write off's if over 30 years old.

I have no affiliation to them.

Comment

Yeah +1 for Shannon’s.

Comment

Might have to go back to Shannons!
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

...and with Shannons you get a significant discount on your premium if your car is registered under the VicRoads CPS (Victorian members only)
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Ryno are now underwritten by Dawes. They used to have Lloyd’s, and also the Ryno team were able to make decisions based on insurance values of vehicles but now these have to be approved by the underwriters at Dawes.
              I have been with Ryno for about 5 years but Im also now looking at going elsewhere. It’s a real shame as till now their premiums have been good and their service hard to fault. That is high praise for an insurer, I know. I’ve had two major claims and they were very good.

Comment

Mr Upwey is spot on. I've never made a claim. Premiums have been stable and they have increased my insured value by about 10% per year. All of my insurances are now with them and I get a multi policy discount also and pay half yearly.

Comment

well, i'm back in the shannons fold as of now. same money as ryno, but excess is 1/3 ryno's. to blame a 22% increase on changing underwriter when there is no perceptible change in what i get as a customer is just ridiculous. so my business has just walked.
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

just to add to this topic - received by NRMA classic renewal today (which was still a little cheaper than Ryno). Called Shannons - value increased, cheaper price and excess half the others so have moved back to Shannons as well.

Comment

Reigniting the insurance Topic.

So I have finally bitten the bullet and re-registered as a club vehicle (Victoria). I've been told by countless people that as well as the $800 or so rego saving I get a pretty significant insurance saving right?... no.

Going from full road registered (Limited Use) to Club Reg and my premium does not change a single dollar?
                      The operator told me I was already on the best % rating for this high value vehicle - WTF?

Just sharing if anyone else is looking to change - Get a quote on insurance before you jump.

Marcus
                      TYP901 Member #81
                      1972 911E

Comment

My experience with Shannon's was my premium halved when my vehicle went from normal rego to club plates in Qld.

Worth a telephone call for quote.

Comment

Me too, but the insured value of our cars has increased too, so its a double edged sword.

The key for me is not so much the premium - but whether my cars are appropriately insured, neither over or under insured.

JR
                          Justin Reed
                          aka Reedminor
                          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                          1961 356B #114700
                          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

I just re-insured my cars with Lumley's - who I've been with for a few years now. They wouldn't move the agreed value above $145K for my 911T based on what they've seen cars actually sell for of late "not taking Covid related increases into account". Given what we've seen cars at least listed for of late, I was surprised it was so low. I'm now wondering if I should be looking around..
                            '97 993 - new toy
                            '95 993 - on the chopping block
                            '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

I think Id be looking around Gavin - if I were you.

I recently had a discussion with Shannons based on cars I knew had sold and ones that are for sale at the moment, and we agreed on a figure that sat in the middle of those 2 numbers. I felt it was reasonable - for now.

What are good 2.0 and 2.2T's actually transacting for? Didnt the project bahama yellow car sell at Shannons for circa 120?

JR
                              Justin Reed
                              aka Reedminor
                              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                              1961 356B #114700
                              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                              X