Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint

E39F469C-A470-45A7-B10D-01C34F62D5C5.jpeg
    Last edited by Terminator; 06-07-20, 04:28 PM.

Covid violation

So is it a Grey or Dark Metallic Silver ?

Comment

Slate Grey

Comment

Love Slate Grey

Comment

Me too

Comment

Nice choice ,
            What colour interior are you planning ?
            Red ?

Comment

3F0DE1F2-ECD5-4661-ADBA-E1D27DB79D8B.jpeg Hmmm. I am building a “Rat-rod-Resto-mod-parts-bin-special” (that way I can say the ****ty paint job and everything is intentionallly (ironically?) “rustic” and “patinated“). I have a tan vinyl Recaro for the driver so probably will aim for tan, although in short term (when I get as far as the interior, which is more realistically “medium term”) will be a hideous mix of grey vinyl and grey fabric which most definitely did not come out of a Porsche factory but did come out of the car. And I want rubber floor coverings but not sure if I can get for RHD? Rear guards are SC and I have front and rear GRP “RS” bumpers which I will tweak to fit, with deco and rubbers. And GRP ducktail (altho also have standard deck lid painted for when I’m feeling “ST-ish”). And 16x7 and 16x8 Fuchs with silver petals. And I got a bit of a steering wheel bug at some point so have a range of original style VDM wheels to choose from, probably go with deep dish 380. And the original 2.2 Sporto is now a 2.4E now 2.7 on carbs, with a 901 dogleg manual, which will make way for a G50. So there you go. I have collected appropriate badging per pic.

Comment

And yes, I bought a model of an RS, pulled it apart, painted it (altho not slate grey, that’s the closest Tamiya colour, German Gray) and other things to suit my plans, including (for the eagle eyed) converting it from LHD to RHD. Yes, I am a loser.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this one emerge.

Comment

Door gaps on that model are way out.

Comment

Well spotted, did my best to keep them around 4mm but forget to divide by 43...

Comment

...not sure that the panel gaps on the 1:1 version will be any more impressive...

Comment

Great colour
                          '71 911 T 2.7
                          TYP 901 Register #16
                          Early 911S Register #2460
                          Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

For when I get an ST-ish urge. E99732C3-C710-4369-B8FA-45B07D264E4E.jpeg

Comment

​ Had someone ask me if I was interested in selling car - everything’s for sale, so I pulled all the bits out and piled it up and now it’s got me a bit excited about putting it together

Comment

Working...
                              X