1969 911s,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1969 911s,

Today the 911 is at the start of a full resto. I bought all genuine Porsche parts for the outside, everything is to be replaced, hopefully 12 weeks in the printshop then off to Melbourne for a complete new interior.
    Will supply photos weekly on the progress.
    Clyde re built the engine, gearbox, suspension ect to a very high standard so it's time to complete the job
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Have fun on the journey!

Comment

Steve, already such a lovely car, it will be perfection when completed.

Comment

Very exciting, I'm doing something similar also with a 1969 911S! Did you need to replace the dashboard? Curious what parts you sourced and from where...

Comment

Yes it is exciting just have to be patient I suppose. My dash is perfect that's the only part not I didn't have to replace .
          All exterior bits came from Porsche Melbourne Phil is the man to speak with very knowledgeable.
          Interior bits from Lakewell and Sierra Medra
          hope that helps.

Comment

Hi Steve,
            Make sure if you already have your carpet from lakewell that you check it is correct.
            I didn't look at mine til time to fit and they had suppied me with what looks like 993 front mats. 20200724_075914.jpg
            Will not be using them ever again as they made out that it was my fault that they had supplied incorrect mats and wanted to charge me full wack for replacements.
            Great customer service, Not!
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Thank you for the tip the trimmer is supplying the carpet it's the correct one from Germany he trimmed my friends car it is perfect

Comment

Did you have to buy the 3 bar engine grille? If so, where from?

Comment

Yes bought a new engine grill from Porsche Melbourne they have lots of parts for our cars

Comment

That’s exciting Steve who do you have doing the job and good to see you finishing what I started.
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hi Clyde
                      Yes it is I'm really looking forward to completing the car I must tell you it runs beautifully, smooth as silk it needs completing
                      I have a local guy painting it, Tim in Melbourne will trim it .
                      Thank you all for your interest

Comment

The smell of new leather...nothing better
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

New leather it is just as original

Comment

Steve, coincidentally our avatars are of the same car - mine when I owned it from 1980 to 83 when it was Mexico Blue and yours as it is currently.
                            When I owned it, it had the original leather comfort seats....are they the same now?
                            It's also ironic that your forum id is "Blue1".........."Mexico Blue 1 "
                            Peter Williams #049
                            Secretary TYP901
                            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

These seats are in the car I'm trying to find out if it was ordered originally with basket weave
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X