Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idealsitz installation

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have recently brought a pair of idealsitz S to go into my 1972 S (RS replica). The seats don't have the bottom runners but have the fore/aft lever built into the seats. They also have the integrated recliner. Currently the car has 74 sports seats bolted to the pan. I am a little confused as to what I need to install as they are wider than standard sport seats (as I understand). Hopefully someone has installed these seats and can give me some pointers.
    1) Do I need seat brackets or are they wide enough to bolt the sliders directly to the support (like a swb seat)
    2) Can someone point me to the sliders that will work with the seat
    3) Can I mount seat belts to the seat and what do I use.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Martyn
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

1. I would think a test-fit is the only way to work out where to mount the seats given you may have to re-install the seat mounts if they've been removed. I've mucked around with a number of seat combinations and they've all been significantly different to each other.

2. I haven't had experience with these exact sliders, but have had very similar ones that are very low profile. If these are the same it looks as though you have the top portion of the slider (with attached lever) attached to the seat, the lower portion (which attaches to the seat mount) doesn't seem to be there. On mine the top and bottom pieces did not separate.

If you refer to this post the part i am trying to describe is pictured on the right hand side of the first picture
    Sorry about the mouthful heading. So my 73 S was delivered with Beige leatherette code 31, but somewhere during its tumultuous life, one of the owners decided to change the interior from Beige to Black (I assume, he might also be the one that repainted the car from Sepia to light yellow..) In short, it seems as though the change happened with whatever he could get his hands on or buy at the time, as I have mix of different bits and pieces. All the rear panels are wrong, Home made RS style

Here're some good pics of a complete seat and set of sliders.

I have a restored pair of genuine Idealsits S sport seats including sliders,rails, and headrests. 6500. 506171506172506173506174506175

Looks like you need a set of the lower slider section, or a complete new repro set

3. I doubt the belts would mount to the seat in this set-up - suggest they would be in the usual places assuming you're talking a 3-point setup.

Hope this helps Martyn.

Cheers,
    Will

Comment

Thanks for the info Will. I think I will cool my jets till the seats arrive and then start the process. I'll keep looking for sliders but they seem to be made of unobtainium atm.

Comment

Working...
      X