Turn Signal Housings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Housings

Does anyone know a good source for front metal 3 bulb euro turn signal housings for a 73? Mine have been bodged too many times and need replacing.

I found and bought some from FVD but the bulbs don’t even fit in the sockets among other problems.

Any comments on whether I should just get plastic ones?

I have one correct, good condition euro passenger side available if you happen to find a drivers side one.

My drivers side was like yours "bodged too many times" and suffering from metal corrosion.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Porsche Centre - classic parts??

Comment

Nope they only have rears currently
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Sierra Madre and Pelican Parts appear to have them but $240 ( SR no lenses) but can get a L&R bundle to at 370+ USD !!! at Pelican that's each not a pair
          Last edited by PCM911T; 28-05-21, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PCM911T View Post
            Sierra Madre and Pelican Parts appear to have them but $240 ( SR no lenses) but can get a L&R bundle to at 370+ USD !!! at Pelican that's each not a pair
            I beg to disagree Paul I don't think anyone makes the 3 globe Aussie/Euro version with the correct reflector plate but I will be very happy if you could point me towards any supplier who shows a picture as per mine.

IMG_5156.JPG

Last edited by Terminator; 29-05-21, 09:02 AM.
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

Thanks Clyde, that picture could have been from my car.

The closest I found was from JP Group but no reflector plate. They don't sell direct and I had trouble getting their local supplier to give me a quote. JP said this might be because they're currently out of stock

Sierra Madre and Pelican like most suppliers are missing the 3rd euro bulb from Clydes picture.

I ended up buying these from fvd. They wouldn't tell me the supplier and there's no branding on them. Sitting down now and comparing them to the pictures they look identical to the JP Group ones.

They've cost $1k each landed so I was pretty disappointed with the problems. Indicator bulbs don't fit, parking bulbs have no bayonette notch, the diffuser doesn't fit, they protrude more than the original units. I'm going to loose 30-40% sending them back so if theyre's no better options I guess I'll try and modify them to make them work.

Comment

Sorry , yes there is a difference.

Comment

Are these different or are Dansk rebranding someone else..?

'97 993 - new toy
                  '95 993 - on the chopping block
                  '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

I assume they're the same. Dansk is a JP Group brand. There's no pictures of the inside to confirm the 3rd bulb but the instructions have some pictures showing the wiring for it. Much cheaper though! Frustrating.

I ended up getting out the die grinder on the weekend and modified and installed the ones I bought.

Comment

Danks and JP same same but they are not correct anyway missing the internal reflector and 3rd bulb holder I have been through all this previously there is NO ONE making the correct ones for us.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

These guys restore. I have never used them, or no of anyone using them. Looks to be a wallet opening job though.
                        Kane Kennedy
                        Typ 901 Register #204
                        71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Originally posted by Kane k View Post
                          These guys restore. I have never used them, or no of anyone using them. Looks to be a wallet opening job though.
                          John is great guy to deal with, definately worth using his services.

Bought this kit, haven't fitted yet but looks to be very good quality. Can't wait to get into that little project when I get time.

Last edited by mrar; 01-06-21, 10:45 AM.
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                          X