Pepita / Houndstooth comfort seat insert alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pepita / Houndstooth comfort seat insert alignment

Hi all, Apologies in advance if this has been discussed ( to death ) previously. Ive done some searching but still not sure.

I have a 71 911E that was delivered with black white Pepita inserts in Recaro comfort seats. Somewhere along its life they were swapped out for period correct comfort seats with black vinyl and black corduroy inserts. Ive sourced some good quality pepita and vinyl from a guy in the UK and re-upholstering is about to begin.
    Ive looked at many pics and searched the forums and web but I imagine someone on here knows the answer.
    Is there a correct alignment of the fabric?

It may even be that sports recaros are different from Comfort seats, possibly because the stitching is different, so it is comfort seats Im interested in.

It appears from pics Ive seen to have wider black stripes one way than the other and while the pattern appears at first glance to be hard to tell, Im thinking the wider stripe is vertical on black/white pepita. Obviously a lot easier to see on coloured Pepita.
    The black squares are actually rectangles and in one direction are joined by a black diagonal line. So, being wider than high, they appear as a wider line vertically from old pics Ive seen. But its hard to be certain.
    And Im just anal enough to be annoyed at myself if I turn up at a car thing and someone says the inserts are 90 degrees out.
    Any thoughts gratefully received.
    Cheers

There is a correct alignment Craig, so it's worth getting it done correctly.
    I'm not sure what it is but I'm sure that Clyde (Terminator) and Phil (e72Phil) know..so best to get their advice.
    I also have enough best quality pepita to do two seats (acquired from Phil) as my car came with it originally, so I'll be seeking the same advice in future.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Here I am pics of original comforts with original pepita installed hopefully you can match the pattern from these
      14710347540_f8798a5485_o.jpg
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thats excellent!! Thanks Clyde, yes I can see the correct pattern in your pic. Thankyou both. Cheers, Craig

Comment

Working...
        X