Glovebox switch wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glovebox switch wiring

Folks, what path does the wire that goes to the glovebox switch take? Mine's missing completely. I know it needs to come back to the light, but I can't see an obvious easy route even though they are literally beside one another. Why there isn't a simple hole in the sheet metal there astounds me..

Hoping I can hook it up without having to remove the HVAC..
    '97 993 - new toy
    '95 993 - on the chopping block
    '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Never mind. Sorted. Someone had cut the wire off just after it entered the cabin via the 6-pin connector... Light switch now working. Yay.
    '97 993 - new toy

Comment

I reckon I know why.

There is a three position switch for the glove box under the lid;

1 off
      2 On when opened
      3 On all the time

I got caught out after a night run ,fumbled around and ended up with flat batteries a week later, charged up and the same thing happened.

Bought 2 new batteries .

Same again after a few weeks so replaced the alternator which was on it's last anyway .

I only discovered the problem when leaving the bonnet up and turning off the warehouse light noticed the glow.

Nice little $1500.00 exercise

The easy solution would be to cut the wire, as someone has done .

Comment

I don't have a switch under my bonnet... or lights. They're next on the list. Although I think the switch came after 1970 - or maybe I'm just dreaming that.. Bonnet lights on only when parkers are on?

I hear you though - and I made sure to set the switch to OFF before I left it yesterday. Same reason I have my door switches to OFF as well..
        '97 993 - new toy

Comment

Working...
        X