Luggage area lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luggage area lighting

I dug this out of my "stuff to look at during a global pandemic" box.. bits that didn't go back on the car after the engine rebuild, body fixin' & respray for one reason or another..

Luggage light wiring.. but two chopped wires. Does anyone have a pic of how this goes back in? I assume the end with the two connectors goes to the light (I'm missing actual light mechanism), and the other end connects into the loom under the dash/beside blower? But pretty sure there's a switch to go somewhere as well right? Is that part of the loom pictured? The SL-35 schematic shows a switch so I guess that's a "yes" to the switch question.. it also shows two lights...

The black board (I think it's plastic but it's very light weight and feels almost like a fibreboard material) was on the passenger side where you'd expect a light to be.. bearing in mind my car is a September '69 build - so that kinda makes some sense according to Dr B Johnson (pg 72).

If anyone has the internals from a light let me know. And a switch would be good too I guess..

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg
    IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3472.jpeg
    '97 993 - new toy
    '95 993 - on the chopping block
    '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hmm that's interesting - thanks. So my wiring is for 2 lights, but it only had one. I guess that's part of it being a very early '70 model. So the brown goes to the switch which grounds on the hood when open, and the white/black goes to permanent power.
      '97 993 - new toy
      '95 993 - on the chopping block
      '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

Working...
      X