No announcement yet.

Build thread: 69 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes not sold either so must have them around somewhere...will look.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thank you! Even better with horns attached

Comment

No horns sorry but found the brackets
        0419 595813 for haggling purposes
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Brackets going to Scott
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Thanks Clyde!

Some more photos. Couple of jobs underway:
            1. Added front bumper deco S trim
            2. Cleaned back and epoxy coated all mounting brackets
            3. Mounted left side horn correctly (missing right horn + bracket)
            4. Had original MFI pump and fuel pump rebuilt by Bowerpower in Dural. Getting it reinstalled by Michael Newton starting next week (hello rabbithole)
            5. Restored right hand front indicator. Need to replace left side.

PXL_20220303_220622385.jpg PXL_20211015_220938201.jpg PXL_20220227_004704672.jpg PXL_20220226_220906839.jpg PXL_20220227_054629845 (1).jpg
            I'm trying to get all the mechanical and electrical work done before I go too deep on the cosmetic side. The paint is very good so there's no rush.

Comment

I believe I have a good LHS front indicator body for you will cost you a lot more than the brackets though
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Sounds interesting Clyde, I'll give you another call. Sorry I've been smashed this week.

Unfortunately the fuel pump I had is the wrong one. The one I have is for a 911T (and is now for sale if anyone is interested, bench tested A1) and I need the higher spec S MFI pump:

Attached Files

Comment

Clyde, saw you commenting on oil coolers on ESR. What would you recommend for a 69 911S front right cooler?
                  https://www.carpoint.de/en/oil-coole...s-m26_992_1923 (slightly wrong style?)
                  https://www.aasesales.com/products/n...0498895c&_ss=r - but is 73 different? Bigger pipes I think (30 vs 26mm?)

Comment

Funnily enough, I have the same problem as this fellow Aussie had back in 2012 with my rear trailing arms:
                    OK, today I was with my mechanic and he's found I have two different rear swing arms (trailing arms) on my '69 911E race car. Looking at the photos, the difference is in the last end part of the leg, the conical shaped bit that attaches to the shock. I suspect one is original and one is not. Question is which is which ?? Second question , who's got one ?? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by generalsmirnov View Post
                      Funnily enough, I have the same problem as this fellow Aussie had back in 2012 with my rear trailing arms:
                      https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...a-69-car/page2
                      Do you have the later ones?
                      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Left side is the later (72-73 = long gap between shock and arm) and the right side is original (69-71 = short gap between shock and arm). Quote from ESR:

The short shock mounting was used from 69-71, then when Porsche changed the rear shock tower and the parcel shelf in 1972 the rear arm also changed. The rear arm has a longer bottom shock position. Also the mounting for the rear shock changed as the shock became larger (ie stronger).
                        So in summary, I need a new left side trailing arm for a 69-71.

Comment

In regards to the front oil cooler, Porsche do offer a replacement for the 69-71 cars. I purchased one through Porsche Centre Willoughby in 2019. It looks very similar to the one in the link you posted from Aase Sales for the '73 cars with almost the same part number (last two digits being 03 instead of 02) and it bolted straight in with no problems.

PET lists the part number for the 69S front cooler as 901 107 046 00. The part number on the cooler I purchased is 901 107 046 03.

Some subtle differences to the original (including the colour) and it wasn't cheap, but you can't beat brand new for piece of mind...

Duncan Miller
                          1969 911S

Comment

Looks like these are the two options:
                            Aftermarket: https://sierramadrecollection.com/91...72-p21726.html - US$1400
                            Genuine Porsche: https://sierramadrecollection.com/91...71-p54131.html - US$2400

Comment

MFI is installed and working! It needs some fine tuning as it's running rich currently, but at least all the parts are on and present. New Porsche fuel pump, breather house, engine tin, fuel filter etc. along with a bunch of dusty parts that I cleaned up and calibrated. :-) I need to get the writing a bit sorted, the engine harness is a bit of a mixed bag.

PXL_20220401_000042126.jpg

Comment

and you need to paint that engine bay black
                                Clyde Boyer
                                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X