Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A solution at last for front indicator bodies

John Audette to the rescue

As many know, I've started using new turn signal housings made by Tasker. Original cores are hard to find and usually stupidly expensive given the shape they are in. The new housings by Tasker are in my opinion much better than originals anyway as they are made of aluminum as opposed to the original cheap pot metal that Porsche used. As discussed here previously, there is a BIG difference between turn signal configurations for U.S. cars and Euro (RoW) cars. Here's a brief snippet from the

Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

I noted today John is offering free worldwide shipping for July in his High Beams email
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I was going to post a question asking if anyone wanted to share shipping with me! I need some silver lenses from him. Is there a code for free shipping?

Comment

Ah I see, it's just "do you want to pay $133 or FREE" in the shipping options, nice!

Comment

I don't see a free shipping option. What's the trick?
          '97 993 - new toy
          '95 993 - on the chopping block
          '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

It may depend on what your buying I suspect

I think he should get white coloured wires and paint the inside of the body white like they did in 73..........not sure about earlier ones though.
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

Hi Members
              I have been in contact with John Audette recently and he is looking for an Australian agent for his products to try and save on the high cost of postage from the States.
              could be a great opportunity for a restoration house of parts supplier!

Comment

Yes I think he probably emailed all of us! I would be interested in picking up that distribution, although I'm sure it's pretty low volume.

Comment

And do you want to carry all the stock items he will expect of a distributor ? And I doubt he will allow a lot of discount off his advertised prices online for you to make the margin required to sustain the business. anyway, good luck to whoever wants to try.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by generalsmirnov View Post
                    Yes I think he probably emailed all of us! I would be interested in picking up that distribution, although I'm sure it's pretty low volume.
                    Not so sure he, does a lot of business down under and loses a lot due to shipping costs.
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Working...
                    X