Early 911s germany restos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early 911s germany restos

I was cruising YouTube and found this good documentary about the early 911S company in wuppertal, Germany.
    I have met Manfed Hering on his stand at the tecnClassica show in Essen some years ago and ended up buying some parts from him that were for RHD only cars (H4 headlight lenses) which he had inadvertently purchased thinking they were LHD.

Here is the ink:

The dream of many classic car collectors and a legend: the Porsche 911. Its restoration is time-consuming, requires patience and fine, specific craftsmanship...

It shows a lot of footage about their restoration work as well as an amazing quantity of old bodies and parts awaiting resto. Dont always agree with some of the commentary but I am sure Manfred got them to embellish some of the comments to rev up his company and reputation.

Here is a pic of their stand at the 2012 TechnoClassica show in Essen. From the doco, it sounds like his prices have escalated substantially from what he was advertising at this show...

DSC00162.jpg
    Last edited by e72phil; 30-09-22, 12:10 PM.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

thanks Phil,
    huge money they're talking about for restoration
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Thanks Phil.
      nearly through it, tomorrow maybe.
      most exciting images for me, is I can see an early 3lt turbo in their workshop.
      Geez that 65 is a sad example as purchased.
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
      X