65…912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65…912

is it possible to see the vin numbers for all 912 aus delivered cars in 64/65
    mine was a 65 build date nov 24.. delivered March 65 to Shannon’s (is a cardex what l need ?)

l meant 66 delivered to Hamilton’s

Comment

I don’t know that there is a list, I think there were 13 cars delivered in the calendar year 1965 and I also think that all those cars would be within the chassis number range 350600-350750, hopefully that helps?

Comment

Sorry, I see now that you say March 1966, I’m not much help with 1966.

Comment

a kardex will tell you when it was invoiced from the factory (usually between a few days and a few weeks after it was actually completed) and also when the warranty period started (usually when it was sold first time but not always)
          It may also say the name of the first owners and subsequent owners and the date they acquired the car. However this is becoming less likely now due to privacy laws unless you manage to score a copy of a kardex that had been printed out a fair while ago
          there is no "official list of 912's delivered in 65 or 66 (indeed before 1969) as the information was not stored in that way. There are some scraps of information in those years about how many in total (911's and 912's) were ordered and maybe a split between them

I have a list of 9 912's that were probably delivered in 1966 (and 6 that were probably delivered in 1965) - some sources from old data at Hamilton's (ie pre 199o's) and some from sales where there is factory or Hamilton's paperwork to back up the claim). However I know it is not complete and never can be without examining all of the kardexes made for that year due to the way information was stored back then.

A couple of those 9 may indeed be 65 cars delivered in 66 on the basis of the range that Chris quotes above. Yours may be one of those. If you PM me with your number I will see if it on my list.
          Hugh Hodges
          1973 E
          Australian TYP 901 Register #005
          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

this is a great start, l have a vin 351499 and not an original engine , so lm going to try to dig it up, (ha ha) . lm sure it may have been in the first
            9 cars of the 912 aus orders with 5 gauge 5 speed etc… provenance is everything! the reason for this effort is that l wish to place it on the market
            this year, and l have no idea of it’s value!. lve been custodian of my viechle for 20 yrs and l just drove it with not thinking about value

Comment

Ok that is interesting
              That one is not on my list so another one seems to have been unearthed
              If you want a kardex I can give you a contact to get one - should be about 48 hour turnaround and you get an electronic copy by email

PM me if you want the contact details (not comfortable putting his contacts details out in public)
              If you cant PM due to post numbers post your email and I will email you
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

mr Hugh h my email is ublekis@bigpond.com thankyou

Comment

I would be interested in the 1965 data that you have Hugh, if you are happy to share?

Comment

Chris sent you an email
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Working...
                    X