Door pocket fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door pocket fix

One of the very few issues with the interior on my 73E was the usually broken trim on top of the drivers side hard door pocket which is more often used as a door handle or a speaker holder.

Found a decent spare overseas (passenger side of course) and transferred the trim across to my pocket and then re aligned both pockets and got the pull down pocket to "snap into place" instead of rattling all the time. A satisfying 1 hour job.

2023-04-23 12.53.39.jpg 2023-04-23 11.04.34-2.jpg 2023-04-23 13.47.36.jpg
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Nice.

I never really understood the lack of a door pull on drivers side. Like many, I sourced a passenger side one from overseas and put it on my drivers door. It doesn’t seem to interfere with steering at all (the rationale I’ve heard for why the factory supplied that way) and now protects the integrity of the door pockets.
    Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Vidler View Post
      Nice.

I never really understood the lack of a door pull on drivers side. Like many, I sourced a passenger side one from overseas and put it on my drivers door. It doesn’t seem to interfere with steering at all (the rationale I’ve heard for why the factory supplied that way) and now protects the integrity of the door pockets.
      I heard no handle so drivers kept both hands on the wheel, who knows the actual rationale though. You and many others have done that upgrade successfully
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
      X