Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet

Hello all

I've made some progress on the 912, stripping out the interior for a closer look at the condition of the car, in preparation for rust repair on the door sills.

I have some questions about carpet sets and sound deadener, and would love your feedback. Following the repair, expoxy and cavity wax I would like to line the interior with a sound deadener mat. Any recommendations, Dynamat? Carbuilders mat?

Also what carpet sets are there in the market, and which ones would people suggest?

Cheers
    Thanks in Advance

​ ​​​​​​​

​​ ​​ ​​​​​​​

Not being a 912 person we need Ronnie or someone similar to chime in here as to what would be correct.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Nairobi912 View Post
      Also what carpet sets are there in the market, and which ones would people suggest?
      I can't help you with (correct) sound deadener, but I bought my carpet from "CarTex Sitzklinik" in Germany.
      The guy was very knowledgeable when I needed the lightweight RSH/RSR carpet and even told me stuff I didn't know, plus they sell the headliner with the correct pattern, so I'm convinced his carpets are as close to the original as they come.

1973 911T Coupe
      1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Originally posted by patrick911 View Post

I can't help you with (correct) sound deadener, but I bought my carpet from "CarTex Sitzklinik" in Germany.
        The guy was very knowledgeable when I needed the lightweight RSH/RSR carpet and even told me stuff I didn't know, plus they sell the headliner with the correct pattern, so I'm convinced his carpets are as close to the original as they come.
        Do they do RHD Patrick?
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

I have had good success with these guys

Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

This guy is a gun also

Welcome to Classic FX Perfection in Porsche Trimming At Classic FX, I combine a qualified engineer’s attention to detail with the traditional upholstery skills learned from a time-served old school trimmer to produce Porsche interiors just as they would have left Stuttgart. That traditional craftsmanship, together with our ability to source or remanufacture materials that precisely recreate factory
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

For carpets - but he may have an idea on sound deadener too.

John Pisani in Sydney at Prostitch is very good - he did my 68 911L (which just recently sold again btw).

All the correct materials etc, and in Australia. Perhaps you could purchase what you need and get fitted locally ( Geelong isnt it?).

He is a small shop and busy - and while I have never had any issues contacting him, just be mindful he has many pies in the air!

Good luck.
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
              1961 356B #114700
              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

Do they do RHD Patrick?
                Oops. Good point - doesn't look like it from their website.
                1973 911T Coupe
                1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Working...
                X