50th Birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50th Birthday present

IMG_2363 (2).jpg My car is approaching its 50th birthday (completed late June / early July 1973 and sold here in September 73) So I decided to give it a little present.
    The underside has never been touched in the almost 30 years I have had it , and probably not since it was built, so I have had it at Kane Hearn's place so he could give it a good clean and tidy up underneath

Lots of crap came off it and it is now transformed.......... first after cleaning and then what it was like beforehand

and a couple of weeks before I replaced the 50 year old seat-belts and encased the "ugly" reel in some factory covers (thanks to Clyde) covered with some of the leather I had left over from doing the interior a decade or so ago while keeping the hardware of the Australian installed Rainsfords belts
    ​ ​

image widget
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

I saw this car in progress at Kane's nice to clean off a lot of the old gunk.

Have to be like me now Hugh and add the rust proofing back on again although plenty still evident on your gearbox. Floor looks to be in good shape too.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
    X