Radio Mount SWB 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Mount SWB 911

If anyone could provide advice as to what is the correct mount for the rear of the radio? I have seen info on the c type bracket, the 356 hanger and have even seen like an s shaped steel strap?

I'll get MRAR to check on his 68S for you
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Awesome thanks Clyde.

Comment

Attached are some pics of radio mounting plates I had for later F series cars. They didnt seem to need the rear strap but I have seen these fitted on early cars but they were usually just a piece of flat strap with punched holes along the strap and you could cut it to bend and fit wiht one end attached to a stud at the rear of the radio and the other screwed into the underside of the dash. IMG_5001.jpg IMG_5000.jpg IMG_4999.jpg

I sold mine and dont have any left. You might try carpoint.de to see if they have reproduced them.

sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Also found some pics of original mount plates as individual parts. These bolted onto the shafts of the radio knobs than the whole assembly clipped into the rectangular slot in the dash. The spring clips held the radio in place, plus (maybe) a rear strap, depending on how solid the radio felt once clipped in.

tn_DSC04305.jpg DSC03791.jpg DSC03792.jpg
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily

Comment

Originally posted by bjc911 View Post
            If anyone could provide advice as to what is the correct mount for the rear of the radio? I have seen info on the c type bracket, the 356 hanger and have even seen like an s shaped steel strap?
            https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ight=Rear+clip (copied the image below)

looked this up above, will look at my car later.

SV100734.jpg
            Jap del 75 911 lhd 3.2

Comment

Sean, I remember those U-shaped clips that held the rear of the radio in place which were in turn attached to a metal strap that bolted up under the dash.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Thats basically where i was getting to. The rear black c clip on what best i can describe a strap you would use on copper log fencing. I have seen a fancy ally type mount for the c clip but that didn't feel right.

I wasn't sure about the front mounts if necessary, but have seen a set floating around in 911s registry i think.

Comment

My radio is incorrect for yr (think I have correct one off kardex on shelf).
                  see the hole covered up with some electrical tape, that would more than likely take the strap Phil mentions or a fixing direct to the "c" bkt.

20240623_094100.jpg 20240623_095411.jpg
                  Jap del 75 911 lhd 3.2

Comment

I copied one of the later style "C" clips for one of my g series cars, would work too but probably not period correct for the swb according to the image i posted earlier off esr.

IMG_2366.jpg
                    Jap del 75 911 lhd 3.2

Comment

Excellent,

Think i got my head around the back mount and have seen a few different designs trolling through BAT etc. The C clip in the back seems the correct and i think finding an original is another take it when i find one and live with a substitute until.
                      What about the front mount brackets, I have seen a few around and would think necessary even though the price is eye watering.
                      image.png
                      Attached Files

Comment

Same as only my 73 cars Sean except if the Becker Mexico in use those clips work with Blaupunkt radios which have the side support clips as shown in this thread
                        Last edited by Terminator; 30-06-24, 06:19 PM.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks All

Side supports on the way. I bit the bullet!

Brendan

Comment

Working...
                          X