No announcement yet.

Porsche Factory Photos from the early 70s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first visit there in 2003 was to the old museum. It was small and pokey then and had not that many cars, mostly Le Mans and World Championship winning cars. Very restrained.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Merv; 10-06-15, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I took my son, Tim in Sept 2007. He was pretty Porsche-mad at the time and this was heaven for him.
      Attached Files
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
        So was that a family trip to Germany, Harry ? Who else was interested in Porsche at the time ?
        Hi Phil,

I was in the Navy and studying in Chicago for a year. We had 4 weeks off over the Xmas period and rather stay in the freezing Chicago cold I fled to Europe for a holiday and visited the Porsche factory.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          I took my son, Tim in Sept 2007. He was pretty Porsche-mad at the time and this was heaven for him.
          Nice pics Phil. Looks like the old museum had been renovated at some point, there was old carpet on the floor when I visited.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Looks the same floor as my 2003 visit above Harry. After spending most of a day at the MB Museum, back on the train to the dedicated station for Porsche and their museum could be covered in 30 mins.

Comment

Working...
            X