No announcement yet.

993 to 901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting to hear back from Image about the issues I have with the wheels. A few things progressing but slow going at the moment.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

what's that battery set up Paul?

been thinking about lithium car batteries recently...
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I cant recall the brand of the battery but it's basically the same spec as the Odyssey. They are about 1/3 the size and weight of a conventional lead acid battery.
        The hold down system is a custom Mike Harris set up.

Comment

Also working on a trick shifter set up similar to what the car had in Porsche Cup guise. The steel mounting bracket of the prototype will be replaced by a billet aluminium set up that will sit under the lower dash pad. Similar set up to Formula Ford and old school open wheelers.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Shifter setup looks interesting. Are you running a more or less 'standard' G50, or one with a dog box conversion. There are some interesting kits available for a G50. Locally, Holinger make a G50 kit, which is based off their components for the 997 cup car. It would be near bullet proof in your application, and you could choose some interesting gear ratios. It doesn't require a 'short shift' kit as its all internal in the gearbox. Would allow the interior to look more standard, with a standard looking shifter. Something to think about maybe.

Comment

It's a G50 running pretty std ratios which should be OK. I have a different few gear options from the race car days if I want to play around. There's not a lot std about this car so I dont care about originality. Once it's all powder coated and the shiny bits are bolted on I think it will look good. There's also a custom rally style handbrake set up coming as well.

Comment

Engine is getting close to going on the dyno. Just waiting for the fiberglass tinware and shrouds to arrive. The coil packs are a big improvement on the last type I ran. The brackets used to hold the old ones will get cut off and the rocker covers polished.

Comment

I'm trying LED strips for the indicator lighting. Nice and light and plenty bright.

Comment

Update time Paul?

Comment

Slow progress at the moment. A couple of photos of some of the latest bits and pieces.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Fantastic attention to detail Paul. When you started this journey the risk was you were following so many who had tried the same things. But you really have found your own way on this build. Most impressive.

Comment

I'm not sure we've got the look of the shifter and rally brake right yet.
                          Once everything is powder coated, the seats are in and the trim is done it should look OK. If not I'll install a billet shift tower as fitted to the Lightspeed cars.

Comment

Yours looks far better than the ugly tower

Comment

After mucking around trying to make a generic fuel cell fit into my car and look 1/2 decent I gave up and shelled out big $$ for this yesterday.

Comment

TB 15's ready to be fitted up to the new Image rims. They look tiny sitting next to a set of rears off a 935

Comment

Working...
                                X