993 to 901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally hit the road today.
    I'm just about deaf. Need ear protection for any drive longer than 20 minutes.
    This car is seriously fast/brutal/hard core.
    P1000291 (3).JPGP1000294 (2).JPGP1000297 (3).JPGIMG_1862.jpg

Comment

The Rally clocks came up a treat with a bit of a clean and a new holder. Really finishes off the interior. P1000210 (2).JPGP1000211 (2).JPG

Comment

Really nice Paul - you must be chuffed it's finally on the road!
        Great looking car - incredible transformation that.
        1973 911T Coupe
        1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Big relief to finally have it on the road looking so good. The mechanic seemed to get the gearbox sorted pretty quickly. Now enjoy!!!

Comment

What a transformation Paul. Huge congratulations. Just an epic build in so many ways. Bravo!
            Alex Webster
            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

I've decided to pull the engine/gearbox out and change the single mass flywheel. It's just too noisy for a car that will be driven on the road. the non OEM low ratio 5th gear is also a bit noisy so I'll change it back to original as well.
              If that doesn't get it to an acceptable level I'll get a removable carpet with sound deadening that I can fit in the back.
              Other than the noise it's very nice to drive.
              I'm glad I could provide a bit of entertainment in sharing the build with you all, but this will be my last...……….

Comment

That's what they all say Paul !
                Cam Arnott
                Looking for engine #6208151
                1970 911E (Sold)
                '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                TYP 901 Register # 78
                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Unbelievable build ... i just re read the whole thread.
                  Your Opus Magnus Paul?!
                  (not a Walker pun either)

Comment

The flywheel would not be contributing to noise, only perhaps at idle.

Comment

Picking up the car tomorrow. Now hopefully much quieter with non-race flywheel/clutch. Have entered the PCQ Concourse on Sunday. Its on from 9:00 at No 2 Oval Brothers Rugby Club, Crosby Road. Albion
                      Hopefully will see a few 901 Queenslanders there.

Comment

Good luck there Paul - and I hope the changes make the noise more bearable.
                        So what's next?
                        1973 911T Coupe
                        1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Enjoyment and rest.

Comment

Got the car back a couple of weeks ago.
                            It's still pretty noisy but less from the driveline but you don't hear anything but glorious induction and exhaust scream from 2500RPM on. Have limited it to 6.0K till I get a few more miles on it.

It's been a long project and I've enjoyed the process and very happy with the end result, but missed out on 4 years of driving.

Hopefully will get together with some of the Queensland members for a run early in the new year.

Thanks to all of you who've made suggestions and encouraged me during the process.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

Had some pro photo's of the car taken over the weekend.
                              This one is a teaser, get the rest in a week. Kings Beach.jpg

Comment

Covergirl.
                                Cover.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X