Green 1965 911 for sale at the Healey Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green 1965 911 for sale at the Healey Factory

Big asking price at $350,000 . . . assume someone here knows or owns this one?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...14174533/?Cr=4

1965 PORSCHE 911 COUPE SN:3444 VIN N0:302914 ENG NO:902990 $350,000 (To be sold UN-Registered & with Vic RWC) BUILD DATE: DECEMBER 6TH 1965

In September 1963 Porsche introduced to the world the successor to the 356, the prototype 901. Owing to demands from Peugeot, who claimed ownership of any three digit model name where the middle digit was '0', the iconic Porsche 911 was born.

Production started on the 14th of September 1964 (badged as 901), and up until February 1965 they were all Left Hand Drive, with Chassis Number 300474 having the honour of being the very first factory Right Hand Drive Porsche 911 ever built! Records are very few and far between on these build year 1965 RHD 911's, as chassis numbers ran uninterrupted for both LHD and RHD. Having said that, with the records available our Irish Green example is within the first 20 factory Right Hand Drives produced.

Supplied with a copy of the original build/delivery data sheet this numbers matching, Irish Green 911 was delivered new to W.S Jones, of Five Oaks Jersey (a well known Tax Haven) in early 1966, after driving out of the factory on the 6th of December 1965. This extremely early 911 and close to factory original, however it has been fitted with a period Weathersheild sunroof, Solex-Weber Carburetor conversion, running a set of genuine Fuchs alloy wheels, and has had a speaker box fitted to the rear parcel shelf.

A significant car that deserves to be both driven and preserved, this 911 has worldwide appeal, and extreme collect ability. Don't let this opportunity go to waste! Priced without Reg, Talk to us about Reg, Club or Other Plate Options.
    Last edited by npvpositive; 05-01-17, 10:22 PM.

Looks interesting Nick. I notice the 356 shift knob. Was that a continuance on the 912? Also since it was built in late 65, does that make it a 66 YM?

Comment

I have a similar gear knob on the 66 912. That is a 66 model car not a 65 model.
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I liked Jims thread better

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
          Whoops! (It is worth taking the time to add a photo and the price to these posts because once the carsales link gets broken a lot of useful historical info gets lost)

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post

Whoops! (It is worth taking the time to add a photo and the price to these posts because once the carsales link gets broken a lot of useful historical info gets lost)
            Good idea. I will try to do that next time. However when a car is listed incorrectly and has a price tag that big I am sure it will be around for a while.

Comment

I saw this car at Auto Coupe in June 2014. It was one of Phil Hearns customers cars. I offered to buy it for $100K but the owner seemed to think it was worth more.Not sure if he sold it to Russell at Healey Factory or if its on consignment. From the ad pics, nothing much seems to have changed since I saw it and it needed a lot of work to bring it back to being pristine. Pity about the sunroof as I would think it needs a whole new roof section to fix it. The interior was fairly original but rough. Looks like it might have new carpet and a cleanup.

As stated its more a '66 model being a late '65 build plus its had carbies messed with etc, etc. I think they are fishing for a UK buyer at that price.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Its not more a 66 model it IS a 66 model...Healey Factory will know that and it is false advertising
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I agree with Phil about the sunroof, it would be a deal breaker for me at that price, not that i'm looking..
                  Mickc

65’ 912/6
                  70’ 911T coupe
                  00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

A new section to fix the roof would not be a big job for a good body man, but it adds up, combined with all the incorrect and missing pieces to make the entry price way too high.

Comment

Working...
                    X