Swb 912 fs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swb 912 fs

Another in Irish Green, Anyone know this car?

Mickc

65’ 912/6
    70’ 911T coupe
    00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Dont know it, does not appear to be correct engine(if that matters)
    generally appears to be more correct than the similar 911, apart from seats, wheels,outside mirror
    Last edited by 9er; 14-01-17, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I contacted them regarding the 66 911 they have for sale and explained that it is not a 65. His reply was far from professional and I don't think I would but a go cart from these guys.
      The 912 seems to be priced well.

Comment

For future reference: 1966 PORSCHE 912 COUPE

SN:3442 VIN N0:352050 ENG NO:4093476

$79,500

Only bit of the ad blurb relevant to the actual car: "Finished in Irischgrün, this Left Hand Drive 912 has sound bodywork & fantastic performance, aided by the 5 speed 901 gearbox (optional at the time of sale) and the conversion to twin downdraft Weber carburetors."

Comment

Last records of it I could find had it in Tucson Arizona.

The engine may be original, most 912 of that series had 74#### and 83#### numbers however there were some exceptions and they did have 409#### numbers.

The trans should be 227###

Comment

An interesting vehicle . 3 guager . The 912.vin.com puts it as an early 66. The seats appear to have a later headrests used in the 912s as early ones had the 356 addition headrests ( attached at back of the seat )but the basic seat is correct .. Durant mirror ( optional extra ) should be early type . Fuchs probably added later and would be interesting if it also had the original steelies .. Does not claim to be a matching numbers but as 9er says it might be and no history claimed to be provided . The engine appears to be well maintained aesthetically . A nice enough car from the pictures . A good check would reveal all .

Comment

I looked at this car for a friend of mine in Sydney - mid 2015.

It was a good 8-10 foot car - seemed very sound. It was in desperate need of a tune. When I checked the books - it seemed that the engine number didn't stack up either, but as 9er says, the information from the factory is not really clear . Harrison RRR did a PPI on the car and there weren't any big red flags - but there was a bit of work to do. A number of small things, the result of sitting a while

The fellow who I was looking on behalf of - took too long to decide whether to proceed. Somebody else ended up buying it in Melbourne.

JR
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
              1961 356B #114700
              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                I contacted them regarding the 66 911 they have for sale and explained that it is not a 65. His reply was far from professional and I don't think I would but a go cart from these guys.
                The 912 seems to be priced well.
                Don't worry Jim they know it is a 66 but like some others who advertise a 68S as a 67S they choose to ignore the facts
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                X