Another one hits the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one hits the market

Just saw this '71 911T listed for sale. Anyone in NSW know this one ?

sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Phil

that is 911 110 1857 it was for sale at CTS last December with an ask of $229,995

previously had been for sale in Orange NSW in March 2017 by someone (may be a board member) who stated he thought he was the 3rd owner from new as he bought it in 2001 from someone who, he thought, bought it from a Doctor who brought it to Australia
    Last edited by HughH; 21-09-20, 06:57 PM.
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
      Phil

that is 911 110 1857 it was for sale at CTS last December with an ask of $229,995

previously had been for sale in Orange NSW in March 2017 by someone (may be a board member) who stated he thought he was the 3rd owner from new as he bought it in 2001 from someone who, he thought, bought it from a Doctor who brought it to Australia
      Correct Phil it was owned by Dan Fox from Orange NSW - Appeared on Ebay and then got sold privately. I know in went to Jim Markos from BRM at one point after and then to CTS where it took a while to sell

Comment

The early 911 merry Go Round......
        sigpicPhil Lack
        R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Geoff M a Qld member here acquired it from Mr Markos and spent a lot of time turning It into a very nice car, before moving it on to CTS

Comment

Originally posted by FAP911 View Post

Correct Phil it was owned by Dan Fox from Orange NSW - Appeared on Ebay and then got sold privately. I know in went to Jim Markos from BRM at one point after and then to CTS where it took a while to sell
            Knew I had seen it somewhere.... and yes I thought it was that car.

Justin
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

And another stunning Signal Orange - Incredible to have two orange cars on the market simultaneously!

Comment

that 69S is a fantastic car - was Duncan Millers car. Interesting to see all of the detail shown in the advertisement - you get to see all of the details in such an honest NO Stories car - unlike some others that don't show any detail

I almost bought that car in the early 90's (just before the Millers did) when it was for sale at Duttons - was just a bit expensive for me at the time although I did really like it (head won over heart) but it was a pittance compared to the ask and the value today
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

At that price point the paint tag and the grain on the front seat vinyl seem a tad below par, has a touch of HQ Holden about it.

Comment

Hugh

Interesting it has a COA from America and a PCA sticker on the side window Wonder if it ever resided in the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
                      At that price point the paint tag and the grain on the front seat vinyl seem a tad below par, has a touch of HQ Holden about it.
                      Yes the vinyl is way off, I suspect the paint plate was an old pic as in the resto pics the paint plate has been removed so should not show paint all over the edges.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

What is the yellow plug / inlet on the bottom RHS of the dash please ?????

Comment

Hugh

Interesting it has a COA from America and a PCA sticker on the side window Wonder if it ever resided in the USA?
                          No not as far as I know. It was delivered here as can be seen on Kardex and as far as i know the furtherest away it has been is Darwin where it was for a long time.
                          I suspect the COA was sourced from the USA when it was difficult, if not impossible, to get them locally. The family who were previous owners have / have had a number of very special Porsches and I would not be surprised of they were PCA members as I think that at least a couple of their cars would have competed over there in the past 20 to 30 years
                          Hugh Hodges
                          1973 E
                          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

What is the yellow plug / inlet on the bottom RHS of the dash please ?????
                            Possibly an alarm system that required insertion of a USB style key to disable the alarm/immobilizer and allow start-up ??
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post

No not as far as I know. It was delivered here as can be seen on Kardex and as far as i know the furtherest away it has been is Darwin where it was for a long time.
                              I suspect the COA was sourced from the USA when it was difficult, if not impossible, to get them locally. The family who were previous owners have / have had a number of very special Porsches and I would not be surprised of they were PCA members as I think that at least a couple of their cars would have competed over there in the past 20 to 30 years
                              Agreed - the family who is selling the car have raced classic Porsches all around the world.

Car has an extensive history in NSW, and Ive known it from the 80's.

I missed this car by $2000 circa 1993/4.... I bought a Carrera 3 litre instead!

Now where is that lottery ticket - I need a quick run to the newsagent!

Justin
                              Justin Reed
                              aka Reedminor
                              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                              1961 356B #114700
                              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                              X