No announcement yet.

@ CTS Oz delivered 1972 911 E $599, 995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I will buy into this conversation, just on some recent resto costs etc.

Caveat - I am a swb guy, so 2.4 and 2.7 I have know idea how much a stripped out car is worth, part for part.

But working a little backwards my go to is US market. Appears a really good 2.4 s or e is early $200usd. I have priced many US cars and while our exchange is what it is with taxes freight etc, its easy math. Just double it $400k aud.
    You can run this from swb to gt3 and its always a good guide.

But we have a unique market here with RHD and the total market pool, and when it comes to parts we seem to sell at a discount to the exchange rate US market. I know that makes no sense but again buyer pool and supply and demand ( lack of demand) seems to answer that.

So the question i ask the 2.4 guys is , whats this car worth just rolling just rwc. with books covers history aust delivered? My guess has to be more than $150k.

Then add the nut and bolt bare metal resto ( my previous post, aims this at someone that has eye balled the car) if its NOS or original I promise you nobody who doesn't do it all them selves comes in under $230k, this is recent experience and conversations with some of the best guys state to state. and easy runs into $300k plus.
    As we know chrome etc etc now difficult and super expensive, and getting things "right" is now like always project management extreme. Personally as a professional that sells time i couldn't begin, nor want to cost that. Lucky its love not money.

My point not a rant is the formula still to me looks like
    Rolling cost $+ high quality original resto $ + desire for model $ + drive away today verse 2 years minimum $

Again not my wheel house but prepared to bet it comes up close to $500k. So it must be somewhat close if someone can validate the resto quality and originality. Which i would really like to see discussion on whats good and not so good on the specific car, as that would be invaluable to any potential buyer. Plenty of amazing experts on this forum that have helped me!

My motive is i have nothing for sale, but high quality original restorations need to be encouraged and hopefully sell close or at ( god forbid above) sale value on a fair formula so that historical preservation and our appreciation for them make it to the next gen.
    So they KTF

Comment

Originally posted by silbere View Post
      Could be a good time to put my near identical '73 on at about half that price, would make it look a bargain
      Please do Bruce, but ring me first
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

You are scaring me Clyde !

Comment

Working...
        X