Lovely 911S @ CTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely 911S @ CTS

1967 short wheelbase (SWB) 911 S, matching numbers in stunning Bahama Yellow - the perfect car to complete the collection...

67 build but 68 my , the dash ad gauges indicate that.

will be interesting to see how this goes
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

The story sounds familiar, was it someone here gauging values of an early S that they found at a workshop?
      Mickc

65’ 912/6
      70’ 911T coupe
      00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

does anyone know the vin of this one
        i dont think I have it in my database (I only have one bahama yellow RHD 68S and it is not this one)
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Text sent Hugh
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

yea I bought a 67S and was asking about values. I ended up buying it and later selling it. Was a good solid car - that is now getting the restoration it needed. I was not up for the rest costs to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
              yea I bought a 67S and was asking about values. I ended up buying it and later selling it. Was a good solid car - that is now getting the restoration it needed. I was not up for the rest costs to keep it.
              This is a 68S though despite the claims
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

This is a 68S though despite the claims
                Yep,
                here is a real 67s

1967 Porsche 911S Coupe Aga Blue over Black. Car came from a private collection and was enjoyed by its former owners in New Hampshire and Florida. Matching numbers VIN = 308366S Eng# = 962081 Trans# = 105071 Recently the calipers were rebuilt by PMB and new rotors and pads installed. Carbs were rebuilt and new front trunk carpet by Autobahn installed. I've also just installed new Vredstein tires. The car is located in Amelia Island FL and I'm happy to arrange an inspection at my

Should of worded the cts one as; 68's,last of the swb S's.

Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Def 68
                  Elephant hide and guages, few other 68 quirks. I have not seen the arch trim before though.
                  Wrong steering wheel! And they are not cheap for leather bound originals.
                  Miles indicates not Aust delivered.
                  That said if it checks out then price probably pretty good.
                  $405k usd for this one

I can assure you to do it right its a $250k plus exercise in restoration costs

Comment

Originally posted by bjc911 View Post
                    Def 68
                    Elephant hide and guages, few other 68 quirks. I have not seen the arch trim before though.
                    $405k usd for this one

Miles are correct for aus del.
                    Steering wheel looks right if it is 420mm, just wrong horn pad. (Hard to tell but may also have 30mm hub extensions).
                    Yes they are expensive, try fund original wheel/leather with the rare extended hub option.

Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Def 68
                      $405k usd for this one

Yes we had miles speedometers up until 74 at least, not sure after that unless you collected your car as a tourist delivery in which case it had a km speedo.

It isn't Aust delivered but it's not the speedo that gives that away.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

Yes sorry stand corrected, checked my 68s ( ex Robin's) and its miles ( 2 years in parts bagged up for resto and you forget), Aust delivery.

I assume those who know the chassis number its a 118.........

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

Yes we had miles speedometers up until 74 at least, not sure after that unless you collected your car as a tourist delivery in which case it had a km speedo.

It isn't Aust delivered but it's not the speedo that gives that away.
                          ah yes the rear foglight, and the letter from AFN. Plus the map reading light under the dash.....

JR
                          Justin Reed
                          aka Reedminor
                          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                          1961 356B #114700
                          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Interesting? Is it also the front bumper horns ( could cheat and go to Dr Johnson book), but more interested in the whers's wally game of spotting.
                            Map reading light not an Oz option???

Comment

Yes sorry stand corrected, checked my 68s ( ex Robin's) and its miles ( 2 years in parts bagged up for resto and you forget), Aust delivery.

I assume those who know the chassis number its a 118.........
                              It sure is.
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X