73E viper green at CTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73E viper green at CTS

Saw this in the window at CTS today. Anyone know the car?

VIN: 9113200502

yes Nick
    An Australian delivered car. Been for sale at CTS a couple of times in the past 10 years
    I wonder what price they will put on it this time
    My records show it for sale in April 2008 for about $86K, and showing 100,236 miles, and again in October 2010 for $80K and again in June 2011 for $85K showing 103,101 miles.

My records also have a note "not original engine" but I do not know that from first hand experience and the one I have showing against it is 6230652. A phone call to Harry at Porsche could confirm what is original (or not)

From the latest photos it looks like it still has the later Recaro seats in it rather than the 1973 ones.

Given there is some history of relatively recent asking prices (not necessarily a sale price) it will be interesting to see what the current "ask" price is in comparison
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I test drove this car last time it was at CTS. It was the first 901 that I ever drove or even looked at and I think it was above my budget at the time.

It was a quite a while ago, but from memory and the pictures I took:
      - it had recently had an after market air conditioner installed which seems to have been removed.
      - the engine was leaking oil like a sieve
      - it had rust in the lip of the engine lid
      - the drivers seat webbing was collapsing
      - the head liner was quite stained

I ended up spending similar money on another car with its own issues so I could well have been interested had I come across it later.

Comment

Asking $115k on the website, blurb says A/C is ice cold and cost $11k!
        Jeff Eelkema
        TYP 901 #132
        S-Reg #1431
        69E (project)
        various bevel Ducatis
        60s Vespa

Comment

Exact same blurb last time it was there

Sure looks like the interior has had the full make over though and it looks good seats are iether originals or a great copy from what i see in the pics
          Last edited by Terminator; 13-06-14, 05:37 PM.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

now that they have loaded up the extra photos you are right about the interior Clyde
            also i noted on the photos I had from last time there was air in it then (but not the compressor in the engine bay (presume reused earlier photos) but the air conditioning vents in side were not there when offered in 2008
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I see this car is finally under offer on the CTS cars for sale site.

Comment

Working...
              X