TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For no other reason that I keep looking at it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For no other reason that I keep looking at it...

It's an excuse to do many things to a car to me, and call it "period" (as if there weren't enough already...) has grown up over SWB to LWB - seems to have an interesting history..

Julian

Very nice race car. There are many modified, replica or 'tribute ' cars around now, but this looks the real deal and will command a price commensurate with its provenance I guess.

Comment

The link to Canepa designs website reminded me of the time Clyde and I visited Canepa Designs workshops and showroom back on 2006 with R Gruppe.

Bruce Canepa, the owner, is heavily involved in Porsche racing and also did all the US compliance for the 959's sold there. Clients included Bill Gates.

This car would be the real deal as Bruce only deals in 'significant' cars.

Here are some pics below of the visit. Unfortunately some of the R Gruppe guys in these pics are no longer with us. RIP Nick Reed.(2nd from right in top pic)

L to R in bottom pic: Thorsten Klein (Porsche 918 design team), Paul Kramer (owner of Autokennel - LA porsche dealer), Lars (well known on Early S forum), Don Murray (uber Porsche collector) and Bruce Canepa.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by e72phil; 10-08-14, 09:13 PM.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

That must have been a great trip Phil - would have enjoyed that.

For those who don't know Jags, up until recently a gentleman (in the real sense) called Norman Dewis (of crashing in the XJ13 fame) used to spend the UK's winter in Tassie a few times - the stories he could tell! google him he's really interesting bloke, and to hear first hand about Sir William Lyons was really interesting. Cheers Julian

Comment

Can imagine it would be pricey more looking at it from the point of view of inspiration - one of many flip flops, although the parts I've bought is starting to dictate what I end up with. so maybe just a little flare, definitely the minilites......and I like the crisp white......and seeing I've not got the right engine case or spotomatic anything goes doesn't it?

You know what they say about blokes with big flares.......

Originally posted by Merv View Post
          Very nice race car. There are many modified, replica or 'tribute ' cars around now, but this looks the real deal and will command a price commensurate with its provenance I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X