Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS 2.4E Engine

Not mine, or anyone I know...

Find Engine, Engine Parts & Transmission ads in Woolloongabba 4102, QLD. Buy and sell almost anything on Gumtree classifieds.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Soooooo, am I right in thinking that is that seems like reasonable value if it's what it says it is?

Thanks

Julian

Comment

Pity is a not a 2.2E

Depends on how good the insides are! I know of at least one person on here that has bought a 'good running' engine when removed from car to find the internals are knackered when it was stripped down….
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

does it look like an engine that has had $18K spent on it ?
        Craig
        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
        1972 2.4E Targa project
        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Looks to be the same engine offered with a 73 F E from a Carsales listing from a few weeks back.

Comment

It is the engine that was also available with the silver 73E that has now been sold from Brisbane. I was told but don't recall what condition it was in. I was told that it was supposed to have been a E built up as an S but............

By its number it is a 1972 2.4 E engine from a sporto
            But I think it looks like it needs $18K spent on it rather than having had that amount
            looks like more missing that the ad says

also would want casting numbers from both sides (says replacement case?) and type numbers as well as all the numbers and some close ups from MFI etc. Also would want numbers on induction pieces and a good check on condition of throttle bodies.
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Yeah, doesn't look like $18K, but then again some people spend it on inside only......but too much to spend unless you "knew"

Originally posted by HughH View Post
              It is the engine that was also available with the silver 73E that has now been sold from Brisbane. I was told but don't recall what condition it was in. I was told that it was supposed to have been a E built up as an S but............

By its number it is a 1972 2.4 E engine from a sporto
              But I think it looks like it needs $18K spent on it rather than having had that amount
              looks like more missing that the ad says

also would want casting numbers from both sides (says replacement case?) and type numbers as well as all the numbers and some close ups from MFI etc. Also would want numbers on induction pieces and a good check on condition of throttle bodies.

Comment

Working...
              X