Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche 911 FT 1973

Hi All,

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/parmelia/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-ft-1973/1053399702

I spotted the following car on gumtree a few weeks back but did not manage to speak to the owner until today. It appear to be a German delivered 1973 2.4T (911 350 0775) with 1971 Mechanicals (engine 611 0756 and dog leg 5 speed gearbox). Engine is running on webbers.

Is there any economic logic in trying to take such an IB car back to original pre-IB configuration given the mismatch in body and mechnicals? Have any of the members managed to view the car?

Steven

It's achievable, with a bunch of caveats, including minimising outlay on orig parts, use of glass over metal body panels, how much time you got and capacity to get dirty. etc. project or instant driver ?

no matter the what , without a magic wand may always be a bastard child/ hotrod, without sizeable $$$

Value??? Nice LHD - rhd t 50-70k for an exceptional car, like the QLD for sale earlier this year
    Last edited by Michel; 18-08-14, 02:38 PM.

Comment

If you are looking for an affordable project, I would think you could be better off with something like this:

At least most of the hard work is there re: body work/panels/etc (though I do not know the car). It of course depends on what you want and want the end result is that you are chasing (in addition to $$ available)

Good luck.

Kind regards
      Craig Sedgman
      914/6 GT Clone Project
      996 C2.1

Comment

Hi Steven

Did the owner say why he took it off the market in January?

Thanks
        Adam

Comment

The hard part about the Gumtree car is finding an interior - it's all gone...

I agree with Craig's suggestion - much nicer base to work from.
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks for the input.

When I first spotted the ad I thought that $25k seemed like a cheap entry point into 1973 T ownership ... but on reflection the end product (lets say non-matching numbers hot rod) will never justify the money that will need to go into it.

We did not speak about the previous time the car was advertised.

Comment

I can personally vouch for that.........

Originally posted by sjc74 View Post
              Thanks for the input.

When I first spotted the ad I thought that $25k seemed like a cheap entry point into 1973 T ownership ... but on reflection the end product (lets say non-matching numbers hot rod) will never justify the money that will need to go into it.

We did not speak about the previous time the car was advertised.

Comment

Working...
              X