Clear All

Kiwi Cars FS

Merv, this one should make you smile

Very rare factory RHD targa...

John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Sweet colour that red one and LHD ... Similar spec to mine in many ways. I still have some things to right, such as my dash panels (in train right now) and quite a few small bits for general originality. It is at work today proudly in the gated uni car park ....

Comment

I wonder if any of the NZ members can help with a chassis number of the 73 targa
      The words say this was the only one delivered new in NZ. The records I have show one 73E sporto targa to NZ as well - but it was tangerine

I am wondering if this is a color change, my records are wrong or there was more than one delivered new to NZ

Black is very unusual. However there was one black 73E sporto targa ordered for Australia / NZ and one black 73E coupe (we know where that is;-)). they are the only 2 black cars i have in my records as Australian ordered between 1969 and 1973.
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh your records are correct the targa currently for sale in NZ is the tangerine 1973 911E sporto targa. With Chassis No. 9113210683 Engine No. 6239232. As far as we know this was the only New 911 in new Zealand in 1973. This is a photo of this car taken during the mid eighties.
        Attached Files
        1970 911E 'Grasshopper'

Comment

so Greg it IS a colour change then?
          Hugh Hodges
          1973 E
          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Unfortunately yes, the current owner just had to have a black targa. On the positive side he did do the hard yards of having the car restored. And apparently it didn't look anything like the photo taken during the eighties.
            1970 911E 'Grasshopper'

Comment

Look at the speakers on the rear parcel shelf, must be the 80's.
              Peter D

TYP901# 233
              911T Coupe 68
              911E Targa 73
              911E Coupe 72 (sold)
              1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

No front plates in the 80's Greg?

Comment

Tangerine to black what a travisity
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
                    I wonder if any of the NZ members can help with a chassis number of the 73 targa
                    The words say this was the only one delivered new in NZ. The records I have show one 73E sporto targa to NZ as well - but it was tangerine

I am wondering if this is a color change, my records are wrong or there was more than one delivered new to NZ

Black is very unusual. However there was one black 73E sporto targa ordered for Australia / NZ and one black 73E coupe (we know where that is;-)). they are the only 2 black cars i have in my records as Australian ordered between 1969 and 1973.
                    Hugh, I know the PO and current owner of the aus delivered black 73E sporto targa. This car has been converted to a 5 speed.

Let me know if there are any details of this car that I can get you.
                    Doug
                    IG: @porschepicto

Comment

doug

sent u a PM
                      Hugh Hodges
                      1973 E
                      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Working...
                      X