Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1972 T Targa on Carsales

Hi all

Anyone know the history of this car (I am assuming it's not Phil's - Aubergine might have been the way to go!)

Blurb:

1972 Porsche 911T Targa, matching numbers 2.4 engine, twin carbs, very straight body, recent houndstooth interior by Garry Blackman, Fuch's spare wheel included. Very original car with all original parts, recent paint in original light yellow.

Car was delivered new to Germany, and imported to Australia in the early 80's. Was professionally converted to RHD in Melbourne and has been in regular Porsche Club ownership ever since. Well known 911 in excellent condition.

Car has been professionally stored for 2 years and has covered less than a few hundred km's since it's roadworthy prior to storage (certificate will be provided however is out of date). Excellent working order. Original service manual and books included. Has history going back to 1987 and spare set of keys and immobiliser.

Small bumpered 911s are considered the pick of the bunch, this car has the 2.4 motor which is also considered the best by many enthusiasts, available any time for by appointment.

Please no time wasters.

$58,500

Yeah I know this car. It was offered to me a while ago. I believe it hasnt been used for a while, just been in storage.

I think it used to belong to an old member of this forum. Clyde mentioned it at the AGM.

Might try to search the forum to see if there are any mentions of it.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I think its Garnetts old car you would think you could take some decent pics if you were planning to advertsie a car for sale
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

OK , see this thread for some background on this car. Seems its been owned by a couple of members of this forum:

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          OK , see this thread for some background on this car. Seems its been owned by a couple of members of this forum:

http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=2969
          Thanks

Comment

Having read the old post I am pretty sure this was my first 911. If it is then I can shed some brief history on my time with the car.

I bought it from Adelaide, with absolutely no understanding of Porsches except that I wanted one. The car was a German import and converted as a cut and shut conversion for a local footy (afl) player.

I cant recall what year I bought it but it was prior to the Porsche 50th celebrations, and that was my real introduction into motorsport.

I learnt a hell of a lot about the cars from this old beast, and it was the start of my sad affliction. Don Roe, used to do all my the work on the car and git it running beautifully in the end.

When I sold it to a guy in Melbourne he put new plates JAM 911 on the car. I found some photos of it just after he purchased it from me.

From the ad it would appear someone has fixed the dash, as it had the key on the right and the heater controls on the left, as many of these conversions do.

Either that or it is a different car.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah I remember JAM 911 now. It spent time in Melbourne and turned up at various events.

Thanks for filling in some blanks for any prospective buyers.

TYP901 is certainly a great resource for anyone looking for an early car.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

I see this car has either been sold or withdrawn.
                Neville

Comment

Working...
                X