• Time
  • Show
Clear All

71 911E coupe For Sale

No Affiliation
    Just noticed a new listing for a 71 911E RHD on Gumtree for around $45K
    Nev

Offers above $45K invited.
    I have a feeling the picture suggests what the car could look like after restoration.

Comment

Find Cheap and Discounted New and Used Cars, Vans & Utes available in Glenwood 2768, NSW. Buy and sell almost anything on Gumtree classifieds.
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

For sale original RHD Porsche 911E Coupe project. Matching engine to chassis.

1971 year VIN 9111200845 originally the very desirable Albert Blue colour.

Known as the 'Secret weapon from Zuffenhausen', the 70-71 911 2.2E was quicker than the 'S' 0-100km/h due to gearing and power delivery.

Being a '71E, this was equipped with the luxury options such as:
        Power sunroof,
        Power windows
        Rear window wiper
        Sportomatic (in 71 the 'S' did not get this)
        Rare 'Koni' suspension instead of the 'Boge'
        Even rarer 'S' brakes and swaybars
        Albert Blue paint
        Tinted glass
        Beige interior with Corduory inserts

Rolling body missing a few parts but comes with all steel panels and all seats.

Body chassis is in excellent condition and floors are solid originally galvanized.

Comes with matching numbers 2.2E motor and also two Sportomatic gearboxes.

MFI available if desired.

Also comes with a full matched set date Correct Fuchs forged wheel set (5 wheels).

Also have original drivers manual, NOS 911E rear badge, toolkit and other 71 sales brochures

Great project for someone who has time and energy.
        With early 'S' cars out of reach for many, the 'E' is on the rise as can be seen by the quickly rising prices following the USA market. Why settle for a base model 'T' when you can build your own classic and luxurious 'E' from a great platform.

With only 200 RHD 2.2 Sporto Es made, it is rarer, and quicker, and more comfortable than a 2.2S.

Google Albert Blue 1971 911E sunroof coupe for pics of what this could look like when completed.

Offers above $45k for a realistic sale.
        Attached Files
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

It would be interesting to know the history and actual condition wouldn't it? I think if you presume it's a basket case then you won't be dissapointed The 71 DIDN'T have any galvanised panels contrary to the seller's description. "MFI available if desired", since when is the MFI not desirable?!

BUT it's potentially a lovely project... Albert Blue RHD E. Ticks the boxes for me! I even miss my my old sporto box
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

"Quicker than a 2.2S?" Hmm . . . . I'm calling bull**** on that.

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
              "Quicker than a 2.2S?" Hmm . . . . I'm calling bull**** on that.
              All he has done is wikipedia'd you.

The D series was produced from Aug. 1970 to July 1971. The 2.2 L 911E (C and D series) were called "The secret weapon from Zuffenhausen"[citation needed]. Despite the lower power output of the 911/01 engine (155 PS (114 kW; 153 hp) at 6200rpm) compared to the 911S's Type 911/02 (180 PS (132 kW; 178 hp) at 6500rpm), the 911E was quicker in acceleration up to 160 km/h (100 mph)

Comment

Yes nick. It is all about the torque, not the HP. All the E's had more torque than S's and power comes in earlier due to the cams. It has nothing to do with the gearboxes as was stated in the earlier post. But I don't think E's are quicker to 100MPH. Probably closer to 130 kph maybe 120kph
                The S comes into its own at the top end of revs and speed when power is needed to overcome resistance rather than torque is needed for acceleration
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                  The 71 DIDN'T have any galvanised panels contrary to the seller's description.
                  Looks like I'm wrong (again ) Apparently the floors got galvanising in 71 - that's good news... Seems all I ever work with are the early floors!!
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
                  X