Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

69s rhd

Hi all,
    In case anyone fancies a RHD 69S, which is a bit of a rare beast (I think 35 UK cars were registered - I have one and I know Clyde has another).
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-91...item3f49eea51a

As you can see, definitely a project...
    I have no connection to the seller and have not seen the car.

Cheers, Richard.

Looks Suspiciously like a back dated 80's 911 to me......

and I do love the opening line:
    We are advertising this 911 S on behalf of our customer who has no knowledge of the internet nor does he understand Porsche 911 cars enough to know what the car is made up of to describe it properly.

and
    "where it has been before 1984 ??.There is a British standards plate riveted on the slam plate above the vin plate.The vin plate has been replaced & isn’t original although is a genuine replacement."

I guess as long as that replacement plate is genuine it's all good.
    Last edited by T-DUB; 08-04-15, 02:19 PM.
    Tom Walstab
    Member #142
    911L Silver 1968
    911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
    928GTS Iris Blue 1995
    911 997 Targa 4S Black
    Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
    Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

Certainly many questions.
      I hope it is genuine though (VIN suggest it's a real S, but careful verification needed) and someone goes to the trouble of getting it back to as near original as possible. Big project - I wonder how much you'd have left at the end of junking the rusty bits and the non-original bits...

Comment

Looks to have the correct oil tank thermostat in the engine bay but the chassis number sure looks pretty dodgy especially the first 6 numbers.

I does also have the correct front suspension for a 69 with the fuel pump bracket attached to the cross member just under the steering rack.

We know where 2 are so I suspect there are more than 10.

I believe 47 were made in RHD for the world market in 1969.

Having sourced the few missing parts for the 2 69S cars I own I expect with all that this car needs you would be up to your eyeballs in invoices before you even got started but the way prices
        are going it may still be possible to come out in front.
        Last edited by Terminator; 08-04-15, 04:08 PM.
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
        X