The911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The911

No affiliation... Vic plates THE911 on ebay...

Starting at $2000...

Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

No sale re listed at $1800 rejected my $1200 offer
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I have never understood the attraction of plates like these. I would rather spend the money on something more functional. Still, I do have one (inherited from the PO) and I guess they have a market value.
      Last edited by Merv; 08-05-15, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Sometimes it's surprising what's still available or becomes available at the RTA/Vic Roads, etc. One evening I just typed in 71S and to my amazement it wasn't taken in NSW . . . no extra cost at all. I think John was the same with TYP901.

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
          Sometimes it's surprising what's still available or becomes available at the RTA/Vic Roads, etc. One evening I just typed in 71S and to my amazement it wasn't taken in NSW . . . no extra cost at all. I think John was the same with TYP901.
          Yep. I personally wouldn't spend thousands on a rego plate, but a few hundred on one that works well with a car can really finish it off. "TYP901" was literally the result of drunk googling and for less than $500 I couldn't resist There is a $2000 'prestige plate' still available here in QLD that always tempts me...

I note QLD lets us buy our plates outright, but NSW charges a yearly fee on top of the plate purchase. That's just a $ grab and I don't think I'd play...
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
          X