1971 911E ex UK $199,000.00

Matching number, not original colour or interior

Glacier blue for reference

Last edited by epilot; 11-12-15, 07:47 AM. Reason: Add image
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Saw this on carsales this morning. Will provide the litmus test for the market.

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
      Saw this on carsales this morning. Will provide the litmus test for the market.
      A $250,000 car in the right colour and interior ?
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

UK delivered E that is highly optioned with correct engine (matching numbers?) selling through Autohaus Hamilton and looks stunning as is but has potential to respray and retrim at liesure. Obviously needs to be matching numbers.

Comment

Will be interesting. High money and car looks a bit tired but should respond to some solid cleaning and some refurbishing.

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
            UK delivered E that is highly optioned with correct engine (matching numbers?) selling through Autohaus Hamilton and looks stunning as is but has potential to respray and retrim at liesure. Obviously needs to be matching numbers.
            "This 911 E is a matching numbers ( verified by Porsche ) UK delivered factory RHD manual coupe."

extract from description
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Did pre 72 cars normaly have stars on the ends of the body vin? I thought that these were only on the engine number.
              Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
                Did pre 72 cars normaly have stars on the ends of the body vin? I thought that these were only on the engine number.
                Bill, stars on both engine and vin for '71 cars
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Well the Litmus Test indicates still very strong interest in the right cars. Listed this morning now showing deposit taken.

Comment

Nah they always do that- first sell the car, then list it up for maximum forum chatter etc, then relist it as 'under offer' within a day- a great way to shill the market and PR your Porsche selling prowess....

Comment

Except think it might actually be sold.....I was talking to Scott form Autohaus today.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by 1st View Post
                        Nah they always do that- first sell the car, then list it up for maximum forum chatter etc, then relist it as 'under offer' within a day- a great way to shill the market and PR your Porsche selling prowess....
                        Maybe, maybe not.

I bought my car from the same dealer and I can guarantee you this was not the case.

I also spoke to the dealer about this particular car listed, shortly prior to it going on the website.

In my opinion, for what that's worth, there was little time for "forum chatter".

Either way, if you own a Porsche it's in your favour no?

Comment

Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
                          Maybe, maybe not.

I bought my car from the same dealer and I can guarantee you this was not the case.

I also spoke to the dealer about this particular car listed, shortly prior to it going on the website.

In my opinion, for what that's worth, there was little time for "forum chatter".

Either way, if you own a Porsche it's in your favour no?
                          Yes, only if you're a seller not a buyer...& immaterial if you're a holder...

Comment

Must be sold. No longer on car sales.
                            Peter D

TYP901# 233
                            911T Coupe 68
                            911E Targa 73
                            911E Coupe 72 (sold)
                            1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Is it me, or do other people think that 2 LHD matching numbers T's at less than half the price are still sitting around given this sale (subject to John's caveat that the metal work was done properly)?

Julain

Comment

Working...
                              X