Australian Delivered 911E - Sublime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Delivered 911E - Sublime

1972 Porsche 911 2.4E - Lovingly restored to an outstanding condition and is one of the best examples of a 911E we have seen for years. For sale at Dutton Garage.

This car looks superb

Is it a 901 members car?

Would love to see those newspaper clippings

Does anyone know the price

If it's at Duttons you can bet it's expensive. Interestingly enough a DDK member recently travelled all the way to there to buy a 356, given the exchange rate to the pound they reckon our cars are bargains and in much better condition than their equivalents. And apparently, we keep better records of ownership and repairs etc.

Comment

Incorrect bumper and sill trim?

And is that a 'T' temp gauge?
      Last edited by CamBiscuit; 31-01-16, 06:59 PM.
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Hmmm

It is not on my list of Australian ordered cars that I got a couple of decades ago from the Hamilton's files

(Not that that is conclusive as the 1972 data I have has always been a bit messed up with none of the 4 4 speed cars showing by order type number, although we know they came, and 8 of the 7 sportos delivered (by order code) showing.) I would like to see the order code on the maintenance book for this one - I just cant make it out in the photo.

Other things to check:
        It looks like T side deco trim and bumper trim, not E, and I think all the E's ordered from here had the wide S trim as standard (a part of the appearance group) but that was not necessarily the case elsewhere in the world or potentially for a tourist delivery car.

Also It has a sporto oil gauge (although three pedals on the floor suggesting a manual in there now) . An engine number would confirm if it was a sporto or not originally

It does look like a great car from the photos though
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hi All,

I saw car at Kane Hearn's place, it's quite nice.

It was tourist delivered Hugh, does that affect the "Aussie a Delivered" list you have?

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

More

i wonder if it is this car (which I had recorded as 9112201052 not 1062)

it was for sale at Duttons in April 2012 THEN DESCRIBED as "South African one owner car Reg LXB 911"

sure looks the same right down to the very rare tow hook but the photos of the maintenance book pages dont suggest it was in south africa (at least for any length of time)

I tried to do a rego check but it came up unknown - not surprising if it has been off the road for that time

Harry
            Just saw your post. my list is supposed to be "cars ORDERED" from the order files so should include all tourist delivery and NZ delivery. I know that some known tourist cars are definitely on it as well as a couple of LHD cars ordered in 1970 (one for someone in NZ to use in Europe but which eventually went to NZ and is still there in LHD )
            Attached Files
            Last edited by HughH; 31-01-16, 07:49 PM.
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Has it been checked for Sepia Brown paint?

(inside joke not everyone is going to get...)
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Sepia Brown? Do tell

Comment

So,what sort of premium does the quite sort after,72 only,external oil flap/filler with concealed oil tank inside the wheelbase hold over all the other longhood models of the same engine capacity?
                  Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                    Has it been checked for Sepia Brown paint?

(inside joke not everyone is going to get...)
                    LOL!

Quick, somebody find out what the production number is....
                    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                      So,what sort of premium does the quite sort after,72 only,external oil flap/filler with concealed oil tank inside the wheelbase hold over all the other longhood models of the same engine capacity?
                      No comments...then I would say no extra premium or who cares where the filler is located.
                      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                        No comments...then I would say no extra premium or who cares where the filler is located.
                        No premium, car/engine/spec/condition will trump where the oil gets accessed yearly.....& it was a detriment to the cars when new....

Comment

The filler is simply a 'one year only' oddity that adds to an interesting provenance, but I agree - no extra $$ value.
                          John Forcier
                          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                          Restoration Saga
                          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

what! Does that mean my super just went down, I was banking on that extra orifice having a $ value.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st View Post
                              .& it was a detriment to the cars when new....
                              A detriment? Do tell.....

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Working...
                              X