'71 coupe FS on Carsales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'71 coupe FS on Carsales

Have I missed the conversation on this car, or has it just listed? Seems very good if it all rings true...

Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Mark my tuppence worth is it is still a lot of coin for a convereted T. The magic one that both Fishcop and Michel spoke about and sold just recently went for about the same money.

Comment

the blue T/e which some of you saw at Rennsport was admittedly a price abberation in current market, in that it was bought very well.

Is this silver T too much coin because its converted? Pound for pound if it checks out may offer relatively good long hood buying. what equivalent is on the market in orig RHD for comparison?

Comment

Hi Michel

Yes, but as an S conversion went for $125K in the last couple of weeks you would have to question the value of this car.

What did the t/e go for?

Cheers
        Adam

Originally posted by Michel View Post
        the blue T/e which some of you saw at Rennsport was admittedly a price abberation in current market, in that it was bought very well.

Is this silver T too much coin because its converted? Pound for pound if it checks out may offer relatively good long hood buying. what equivalent is on the market in orig RHD for comparison?

Comment

The S IMO was also another price abberation. Reach into your heart and ask yourself what you would have paid for an S in any configuration. 125 was like the T/E (110)very good buying.

Comment

I agree with your comments but when does the exception become the norm?

IMHO the market has slowed and prices have regressed - a quick look at CarSales can show that, the question is by how much? The issue we all have, be it buying, selling, or insuring, is what are the cars worth, and where there are perceived flaws, be it converted or non-matching, then what is the impact on price?

Cheers
            Adam

Comment

Personally doubt that the market has dropped for "Tier 1" cars . . . most of which sadly seem to get bought by overseas buyers. The boom has dragged a lot of cars out of barns and funded many quick resprays/top ends . . . much of the stuff for sale is pretty average.

Comment

I agree with Nick that prices for good cars is as strong as ever.

However the market is getting a bit wiser, and not jumping straight onto cars without doing their due diligence which in turn probably unearths serious issues in 85% of the cars available for sale.

Comment

Working...
                X